Parole

Parole - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Apr, 2009 - 1:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Agree or Disagree?
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2005 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Parole

Do you feel that the human system of parole where an inmate may have his sentence time commuted to a lesser time for 'good' behavior should be prevalent as it is used in some countries or should a prisoner serve all the time they were allocated?

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2005 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Parole

I do not agree with the possibility of parole. Just because a criminal "behave" himself within the prison walls it does not mean his sentence should be given a lesser time. He commited a crime and he should pay the whole time that the sentence states. Period.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Apr, 2005 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Parole History & Civil Business Politics

But what if the sentence is too cruel? What if it is longer than should have been applied for the crime? Isn't there a need to "balance" the punishments? After all, a guy who rapes and murders a little girl might get a longer sentence than a woman who drowns her own children! And a guy who murders some policemen might get a longer sentence than any of them! It just isn't fair!

(/rant)

Sorry about that (not really). It is not aimed at anyone here, just at what I see going on in the world around me.

I find the discussion of parole to be a very difficult subject to address. I see so much injustice going on, from the fact that Mumia Abu-Jamal and Charles Manson are both still alive, to the fact that Andrea Yates' conviction has been overturned, to the fact that the murderers of Terri Schiavo will never be held legally accountable. Criminals are pampered, victims are endangered, and we give criminals parole all the time, which then allows them to go on and commit more heinous crimes.

I think that the penalties need to be more carefully considered. When a boy carrying a plastic gun faces the same penalty as a gang member carrying a real handgun, there is something wrong. When a farmer who plows under a "wetland" in his field faces a penalty harsher than a hooligan who breaks into peoples' houses, there is REALLY something wrong.

I think the penalties need to be reexamined and made more fair. The penalties for breaking government regulations should NEVER be as harsh or harsher than the penalties for real crimes.

Then the parole system must be either completely eliminated, or at least severly restricted. The punishments for real crimes must be fully applied.

IMHO.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Parole

Supreme Court Denies Appeal for Death Row Prisoner Mumia Abu-Jamal

The Supreme Court has denied an appeal from the journalist and former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal. On Monday, the court rejected without comment Abu-Jamal's bid to overturn his conviction for the 1981 killing of a white police officer following a controversial trial before a predominantly white jury. Abu-Jamal contends the case was marred with racial bias, including the deliberate exclusion of blacks from the jury. "It shows you that precedent means nothing, that the law is politics by other means," Abu-Jamal said in response to the ruling. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Parole
A Friend

Parole

I am glad that he did not get parole. HE just wants to get out and kill more officers.

It is my belief that the whole prison and pampering these prisoners should cease. We should not hold them in walled prisons. Take them to the desert. Place them in tents. Give them MREs to eat. Surround them with razor wire. Make them all wear bright pink clothing. Give them access to medical and dental as that is humane. Give them tv the weather channel and c-span. We make life too easy for the criminals. Prison is not meant to be fun. Make it harsher.

> TOPIC: Parole

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,