4 Shot, 1 Killed At S. California Retreat Center

- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Apr, 2009 - 4:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Apr, 2009 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

What the heck is going on in the US with all these news about shootings? It is absolutely terrifying to read all these news!

TEMECULA, Calif.  -  A gunman opened fire at a Korean Christian retreat center, leaving one woman dead and four people injured, authorities said.

The gunman, described as an Asian man in his 70s, was among the wounded, Riverside County Sheriff's Sgt. Michael Lujan told KNBC-TV on Wednesday.

Authorities were first called to the rural area about 7 p.m. Tuesday after receiving reports about a man shooting his wife, California Highway Patrol spokesman Mario Lopez said.

The identity of the dead woman was being withheld until relatives were notified. In addition to the gunman, two men and a woman were hospitalized.

Investigators were still trying to learn the circumstances of the shootings, and were hindered since many of the victims speak only Korean, Riverside County Sheriff's spokesman Dennis Gutierrez said.

"That language barrier, that's the key to figuring out what happened," Gutierrez said.

The Kkottongnae Retreat Camp, located in Temecula about 85 miles southeast of Los Angeles, is one of four U.S. Branches of the Kkottongnae Brothers and Sisters of Jesus, a Roman Catholic organization dedicated to serving the poor and homeless. It was founded in the city of Cheongju, South Korea, by Father Oh Woong Jin in 1976....

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Apr, 2009 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Center Retreat California S Killed Shot

I think people in the US and other places in the world are at wits ends. I think many are not realizing what they are doing. All the violence and other stuff going around makes me glad I have a gun to protect my family.

> TOPIC: 4 Shot, 1 Killed At S. California Retreat Center

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,