Rename The Book Of Mormon

Rename Book Mormon - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Jul, 2009 - 4:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
13th Apr, 2009 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Yesterday a friend and I were discussing if renaming the Book of Mormon might make it more enticin to first time readers. We came up with some ideas. My favorite is "Western Testament of Christ". Any more ideas?

Sponsored Links:
27th Apr, 2009 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book Rename

I am not a fan of the idea. Changing the name of something to get more people to read it just smacks of desperation.
People will accept the Book of Mormon as titled or they will not. Changing the name will only foster confusion.

27th Apr, 2009 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thing is the name "Mormon" makes it sound like an instruction manual for Mormons, which it is but you know it needs to be for everyone plus you got all the negative stereotyping of Mormons.

Post Date: 17th May, 2009 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Book Rename

The Book of Mormon is for everyone, let others stereotype what they will. The book of Mormon was brought forth for the world to learn of a second witness to the divinity of Jesus Christ. If they accept it, then logically they must accept Joseph Smith as a prophet.

Post Date: 25th May, 2009 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Book Rename

The very thought smacks of apostasy. I believe that it was given this name by Heavenly Father and we have no right to change it. Look what so called Christianity has done to the Holy Bible with all it's different versions and re-naming it. It has cheapened it , there are some things which one does not mess with .

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2009 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What? That's a bad idea . . . Are we suggesting we can correct or improve God's work?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jul, 2009 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

Rename Book Mormon

In a way there has been a slight name change or addition really to do that when the church added "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" right under the "Book of Mormon".

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rename Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies

Bad idea, in my humble opinion. We must not forget why it is called The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Mormon abridged all the records and arranged them for us so we could have this ancient record. The Book is The Book of Mormon because of the very sense that he put these stories together for us--that it might be easier for us to follow. It is his record of his people. I feel we should pay homage to Mormon and show him the respect he deserves by keeping the title, and I agree that the title has been updated to include that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. I don't feel that changing the name of The Book of Mormon will change people's attitudes toward accepting or rejecting the message. In fact, it may stir up more controversy and negative attitudes if it was changed.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Rename The Book Of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,