Rename The Book Of Mormon - Page 5 of 8

QUOTE We're entertaining the idea - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Aug, 2009 - 2:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
5th Aug, 2009 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon - Page 5

I always ask for scripture back up when someone makes such a huge assumption such as the one you made. Yes you said he named it and then got a lil dramatic and even said what he must be thinking we're discussing this so thats why I asked for scripture support which I think is very important when debating doctrinal stuff you know what am I saying otherwise I can state as facts my own thoughts and beliefs that not necessarily match church doctrine you know what am I saying?

Oh yeah I think we kinda are on the same page now even if we disagree.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon
A Friend

Mormon Book Rename

Oh yeah I think we kinda are on the same page now even if we disagree.

OK. Let's go from there.

I think that changing the title of The Book of Mormon is a bad idea. Because, like it has been mentioned, if God wanted a different name for it, he would have changed already.
I think wink.gif , that God didn't just come-up with the name just out of the blue. I think there is a very importan reason why He chose this name for the book, just like the name of His church.
In my opinion, we should accept His work the way He shows it to us rather than entertaining ideas of this type. There is a difference in learning about how and why the book was named that way, and considering changing His work. Big difference.

5th Aug, 2009 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (Wes @ 5-Aug 09, 2:03 AM)
In my opinion, we should accept His work the way He shows it to us rather than entertaining ideas of this type. There is a difference in learning about how and why the book was named that way, and considering changing His work. Big difference.

Wess I guess the reasoning works if people believe G-d has named the book of mormon in the first place you know what am I saying? like you want us to go back to square one or what? But as expressed in this discussion there are some folks who arent sure you know what am I saying because of what it seems to be lack of evidence (scriptural) therefore the entertaining idea of changing the name isnt an issue at all and we aint thinking we're going to be send to the lake of fire and brimstone for thinking about it. rolleyes.gif. Also as a side note the book of mormon went through thousands of changes since the first translation are you saying these men changed the work of G-d?

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 5th Aug, 2009 - 2:23am

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Mormon Book Rename

Also as a side note the book of mormon went through thousands of changes since the first translation are you saying these men changed the work of G-d?

No. They did God's work, just like Joseph Smith when translating. They were called of God. Do you believe in the Book of Mormon? (I'm not getting that impression from you, sorry).

But as expressed in this discussion there are some folks who arent sure

I'm aware of that, but as I mentioned before. That doesn't make it any less true.

5th Aug, 2009 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Mormon Book Rename

QUOTE (Wes @ 5-Aug 09, 3:04 AM)
Do you believe in the Book of Mormon? (I'm not getting that impression from you, sorry).

Really? So because I entertain the idea of changing the name of the book of mormon I dont give the impression I believe in its veracity? you surely assume quickly wes hope you dont go around in real life doing the same thing you know what am I saying? wink.gif

I dont see an issue at all in changing the name, the book went through so many changes (in the thousands) and doesnt seem to be an issue for anyone so why changing the name with the name of Jesus Christ on it IS an issue is beyond me.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

so why changing the name with the name of Jesus Christ on it IS an issue is beyond me.

Simple. All those changes you refer to, were done under His direction, by those He called to do so.

you surely assume quickly wes

I'm not assuming anything, that is why I asked you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Aug, 2009 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Rename Book Mormon - Page 5

QUOTE (Wes @ 5-Aug 09, 1:14 PM)
Simple. All those changes you refer to, were done under His direction, by those He called to do so.

And your point is...?

Its not like we're talking about scratching off the cover of the Book of Mormon and writing the new name. We're entertaining the idea of a new name under church direction...geez and just the thought is bothersome to you when the church did it thousands of times.

Rather off topic, but...
Are you on lds-doctrine.com? I joined sometime ago and I saw someone called wes wondering if its you.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rename Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

We're entertaining the idea of a new name under church direction...
Maybe I missed it, but can you point out to me where you mentionded that the name change would be under the church direction? I don't think I read that part.

Rather off topic, but...
Are you on lds-doctrine.com? I joined sometime ago and I saw someone called wes wondering if its you.

Not me, but I'll check it out. Thanks.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Rename The Book Of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,