Rename The Book Of Mormon - Page 6 of 8

QUOTE Is anyone worried about it?Well, to - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Aug, 2009 - 12:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
5th Aug, 2009 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon - Page 6

QUOTE (Wes @ 5-Aug 09, 2:23 PM)
Maybe I missed it, but can you point out to me where you mentionded that the name change would be under the church direction? I don't think I read that part.

Wait a minute young man all this time you're thinking I wanna rename the book of Mormon all by myself? Of course under church direction this ain't an apostate site and the thread is in the Book of Mormon board! I don't have to write under what authority its obvious. I ain't thinking to start my own church eh. laugh.gif

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
5th Aug, 2009 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book Rename

If God wanted to change the Book of Mormon's name, then I am all for that. I just do not believe it should be a grass root movement within the Church to do so. If God wants to change the name, He will do so.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon
A Friend

Rename The Book Of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

I dont have to write under what authority its obvious.
Well, I thought you said we needed to "call a spade, a spade"
Since you never specified that, and it has never been stated on any post.
SuzieSu said:
lets call a spade a spade right?

Hey, . . . you had me confused biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: Wes on 5th Aug, 2009 - 7:33pm

5th Aug, 2009 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Mormon Book Rename

QUOTE (Wes @ 5-Aug 09, 7:06 PM)
Well, I thought you said we needed to "call a spade, a spade"
Since you never specified that, and it has never been stated on any post.

Good try my friend but out of context but I give you that you tried....wink.gif

Nothing to be confused about, I'm just entertaining the idea you know what I'm saying and I dont think I'll going to hell for that.

5th Aug, 2009 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book Rename

I dont think I'll going to hell for that.

Fortunately we won't go to hell for what we say on LDS Deep Doctrine, or I might have been there a long time ago.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

OK so now that we are clear . . . I think that the name will remain the same because I don't think that God named it "temporarily". I still think that there is a lot more behind the name He gave it. Who knows, maybe there is some information about this in the sealed portion. (I got my "I thinks" there, so don't ask for quotes biggrin.gif)
And if He decides to re-name it, I'm sure He will use the proper channels to do it. So, we should not worry about it, unless we are called to do so.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Aug, 2009 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Rename Book Mormon - Page 6

QUOTE (Wes @ 5-Aug 09, 6:05 PM)
So, we should not worry about it, unless we are called to do so.

Is anyone worried about it? They're just entertaining the idea for what I gather or are you one of those that says often It Is Not Important For My Salvation?

Rather off topic, but...
I didn't see you posting in that thread about General Authorities in the Mature board, I quoted you and all:

Source 4

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2009 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rename Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

Is anyone worried about it?
Well, to me, some of the posts sound like they are worried about it. And to some extent, I think they are, otherwise they wouldn't be considering this idea. I know, . . . I know, maybe "considering" or "entertaining" is not "worrying". I understand that, so don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they are "extremely" worried, . . . Just enough to consider the idea. These are some posts that give me that impression:
Yesterday a friend and I were discussing if renaming the Book of Mormon might make it more enticin to first time readers.

Thing is the name "Mormon" makes it sound like an instruction manual for Mormons,
But, going back to the main topic: My opinion is that we should leave the title as it is. Because if there is a need to change it, it will come thru the proper channels.

Rather off topic, but...
I didn't see you posting in that thread about General Authorities in the Mature board

Haven't been there, I'll check it out. Thanks.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Rename The Book Of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,