Rename The Book Of Mormon - Page 7 of 8

Rather off topic, but... Couldn't - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Aug, 2009 - 11:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
8th Aug, 2009 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon - Page 7

QUOTE (Wes @ 6-Aug 09, 12:25 AM)
Well, to me, some of the posts sound like they are worried about it.  And to some extent, I think they are, otherwise they wouldn't be considering this idea. I know, . . . I know, maybe "considering" or "entertaining" is not "worrying".  I understand that, so don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they are "extremely" worried, . . . Just enough to consider the idea.

Few folks gather together on a forum to entertain the idea of renaming the book of Mormon and they're suddenly worried? You know Wes people have lives you know what am I saying? some people just like to share their views you know what am I saying? without making a big deal about it they're not all uptight.

I don't get some of the responses as josh said there was already a change when they added another testament of Jesus Christ (wasn't there before) so what's so wrong in thinking it could be a cool idea (renaming the BOM)?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2009 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon
A Friend

Mormon Book Rename

SuzieSu,
I guess we all expressed our opinion on what our thoughts are. The only thing I have gotten out of this is that we have very strong opinion and are very strongly set on them. So, as for me, I'll just leave it there because we will only be repeating ourselves over and over like we have done already. If you think it's all right, then,. . . good! I won't agree, but will respect it.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: If you have concerns about moderation take it up in your Intro Thread. Your last post was deleted because you Posted entirely in the off topic something clearly not allowed if you pay attention to our Constructive Posting Policy: Source 6

8th Aug, 2009 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Rename The Book Of Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Book of Mormon is actually a Book of Books - a Bible if you will, but we already have a Book with the common name "Holy Bible". When my parents were baptized in the seventies the Book of Mormon had a light blue cover and a picture of the angel Moroni on it. After that the Brethren felt a need to add the word to the front cover "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" and remove the depiction of Moroni from the front.

A few years back the Church also changed the Church's regular text to emphasize the name "Jesus Christ" in the the name of the Church. Similar to what the original author of this Thread intended the name of Jesus Christ was the focus, there is a reason for that. We should not condemn anyone for wanting to emphasize the name of Jesus Christ, to do so in my opinion is to not understand the full purpose of He to whom all glory and respect should be shown.

Additionally, whether Discussing Renaming the Book of Mormon or whatever else - I will like to refer those in this Thread to two links that will help them with the edit blocks they see in their posts:

* Constructive Posting Policy: Source 2
* The Art of Discussion: Source 3

Rather off topic, but...
SuzieSu, please also check your Intro Thread

16th Aug, 2009 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Mormon Book Rename

Thanks for that JB it was not my intention to pursue this with Pres. Monson laugh.gif, just something to think about. Thank you for giving the explanation about how the Book of Mormon used to look, it shows that there is kind of a push to show Jesus's name more.

17th Aug, 2009 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Book Rename

QUOTE (Nephi @ 16-Aug 09, 9:28 PM)
it shows that there is kind of a push to show Jesus's name more.

Isnt that a wonderful thing you know what am I saying? I love Christ and I'm open to new ideas on how to spread or emphasize his name more you know what am I saying? There are people out there who dont know we believe in Christ (and yeah if they spend a little time in some of our testimony meetings I would doubt it too) so how cool it would be to emphasize his name even more in the BOM title!

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2009 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

so how cool it would be to emphasize his name even more
How much more? . . . It already says that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. What else do the world need? If that doesn't catch their attention, what will?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Aug, 2009 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Rename Book Mormon - Page 7

I thought you was done with the topic? laugh.gif Anyhow I really like Nephi's idea " "Western Testament of Christ" and then in small letters "Compiled by Mormon" or something like that you know what am I saying? The main topic with the name of the Savior.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2009 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rename Book Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

Rather off topic, but...
Couldn't help it, sorry.
Yeah I am. Still think the same, just reading and trying to understand your views.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Rename The Book Of Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,