Afraid Of Man?

Afraid Man - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Oct, 2009 - 2:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Dec, 2003 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Afraid Of Man?

Ever find yourself having fear of man rather than fear of God?

The Book of Mormon helps us to get our perspective in the right light...

2 Nephi 8:12
12 I am he; yea, I am he that comforteth you. Behold, who art
thou, that thou shouldst be afraid of man, who shall die, and of
the son of man, who shall be made like unto grass?

Sponsored Links:
7th Dec, 2003 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Man Afraid

Wonderful scripture JB smile.gif Sometimes we are so afraid about what others will do or think or act that we forget that they're humans just like us, we should only fear the Lord, not what man can do.

7th Dec, 2003 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Afraid Of Man? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think that overcoming this fear is one of the main objects of our existence.

As you are probably well aware, I think that there is far, far too much of this fear within the membership of the church. Thus the continuous striving to fit into the world.

NightHawk

10th Dec, 2003 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Man Afraid

Well, I have to admit that on some days I'm more scared of my boss than God. I need to change that attitude...

25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. (Old Testament | Proverbs 29:25)

16 . . . . . Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear. (Book of Mormon | Moroni 8:16)

I'm sure, also, that this is why there is not enough fellowshipping of new members from our friends and family -- because we fear how those people will react to our missionary work. We don't want to lose them as friends, or alienate family, so we keep our mouths shut and they never receive the Gospel. I'm guilty of this.

IMO
Roz

9th Oct, 2009 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Man Afraid

YES! Sometimes you're so afraid to know the changes that will come to your life that you fear man more than you fear God. It is one of my main challenges right now.

> TOPIC: Afraid Of Man?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,