Pregnant Woman Kills 9-year-old Daughter

Pregnant Woman Kills 9-year-old Daughter - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Apr, 2009 - 1:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

She also Stabs Self in Hopes of Slaying Unborn Child
17th Apr, 2009 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

This is one of the most disturbing cases I heard recently. Obviously this woman was mentally unstable:

QUINCY, Mass.  -  A pregnant Massachusetts woman accused of killing her 9-year-old daughter, trying to strangle her 14-year-old daughter and stabbing herself in the stomach to kill her unborn child has been charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of assault with intent to murder.

The Norfolk District Attorney's office said Friday that 38-year-old Fang Chi Xue was treated for self-inflicted stab wounds to the arms and abdomen at Boston Medical Center and will soon undergo a mental health evaluation. She was 7 1/2 months pregnant.

Prosecutors say a medical examiner must determine whether the fetus was viable outside the womb before they can consider a second murder charge.

Police were called to the family home in Quincy, just south of Boston, at about 10:30 Thursday night by the children's father, who had been at work during the attack. Authorities initially said a 14-year-old daughter who survived made the 911 call, but later said the girl called her father, and the father then called police.

The 9-year-old girl suffered stab wounds to her wrists, but authorities are also investigating whether she was poisoned. An autopsy is scheduled.

The mother apparently had tried to strangle the teen, Keating said.

Keating said the incident was sparked by an argument, but would not offer more details.

Whether Xue is arraigned in her hospital bed depends on her medical condition, he said.

The family lived in a neighborhood of modest two-family homes in the city of about 92,000 residents, and was rarely seen outside, neighbors said.

Yan Mei Lin, who lives across the street, said she occasionally saw the woman outside holding the younger child's hand, and they would exchange brief greetings in Mandarin. Lin, 26, said she was shaken by the killing. "It's scary," she said.

Elizabeth Kennedy, 76, who raised six children in the neighborhood, said she walked her two dogs past the blue-shingled house with yellow trim every day, but never saw the family. "I wanted to cry," she said when she heard of the slayings. "I could cry right now. I feel for that woman. It must have been a lot of pressure on her to do that."

Alison Goodwin, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Children and Families, said the agency is investigating, but would not say whether the department had been involved with the family in the past.

There have been five domestic slayings in Norfolk County in the past month, a pattern Keating calls "unnerving...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2009 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daughter -year-old Kills Woman Pregnant

I am glad the 14 year old was able to fend off her mother and able to call for help. I feel sorry that her sister did not fair as well. I hope the father gets the unborn baby and his daughter and gets away form this mental case of a woman who took the life of her own daughter. I hope she spends quite a few years in prison.

> TOPIC: Pregnant Woman Kills 9-year-old Daughter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,