Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage - Page 4 of 10

If all the person desires is to win no matter - Page 4 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 28th Apr, 2009 - 6:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

Video - Pad Squad Carrie
25th Apr, 2009 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage - Page 4

My only issue with this is that it is a contest where all should have a equal chance and that there is nothing inherent within the pageant that hinders any one candidate.

Isn't that how these contests go, its a matter of chance and risk? I think if you are coached well enough it would be easier to score points answering a difficult question than to answer something like "What does your nickname mean to you?". I would personally find it more difficult to explain my nickname.

By the way, the current Miss Universe says she did not stand a chance to beat her, whether she answered the question good or not. Check her Thread here: Source 9

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2009 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage
A Friend

Marriage Gay Responds California USA Miss

Perez is the real fool here

I can buy into that. I do not want people to think I am stereotyping I actually do not like these type of pageants as I feel they are demeaning to women as a group. I think the people who put on these types of competitions should now choose who is going to be a judge very carefully from now on.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2009 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I think that she did infact answer the question, albeit in a round about way. Perez asked, "DO YOU THINK that all other states should follow suit?" To a question like that there is no right or wrong answer, they asked for HER opinion, and she gave it, also giving background info on why she had that opinion. Personally I'm convinced that hilton marked her down because he didn't agree with her answer, and that may have cost her the crown, however I also believe that with a question on opinion like this, points are awarded in regards to execution of the answer rather that the answer it's self, and based on her execution, which was rather poor (understandably, I would be nervous too if I had that question to answer), she would have lost points anyway based on execution, even if Perez was to mark her fairly. Furthermore, a question like this would also be a test of diplomacy, as an ambassador of sorts for your country , going into foreign countries and interacting with various cultural practices, etc. It would be necessary for one to understand that you're representing your country and not just yourself, and therefore should do so in such a way as not to offend.

---anyway, just my two cents...

27th Apr, 2009 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Marriage Gay Responds California USA Miss

Neutrality sucks.

She is going to get alot more good publicity from the right people from this then if she answered the question with a wishy washy no answer.

I am sure she would have won if she had given the equally biased answer of " yes every state should follow suit and allow homosexual marriage".

God bless her, and I take back every blond joke that I have ever told.

27th Apr, 2009 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Gay Responds California USA Miss

Your last reply made me smile dbackers as I agree neutrality does suck. Why on earth do you desire a person who stands for nothing as a winner? Seems to be just an opportunity for the man to do some more brain washing.

I liked her answer and I for one am glad she has good values on this topic in my opinion , and was not scared to state them. We need more like her in the country.

27th Apr, 2009 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

You guys are debating the wrong thing here, this isn't bout that idiot gay bloke Perez or her answer, gentlemen you have to check out the bod on Miss California, she's a winner on my stage anytime!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Apr, 2009 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds Gay Marriage - Page 4

QUOTE (Dbackers)
Neutrality sucks.

The way I see it is this... If you want to make a change in something that 'matters' then run for office, vote, etc. If you are just trying to win a glamor competition while scantily clad then just stick with the list of DOs and DON'Ts, so in this case neutrality reigns unless you follow the Ortega policy of saying your piece no matter what limitations you have.

28th Apr, 2009 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds Gay Marriage Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 4

If all the person desires is to win no matter what then yes you have to respond within those parameters. I am sure if she had played the political game her chances of winning would have increased greatly. I am not sad that she chose to do what she did though as it gives her more points at being a better human being.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,