Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage - Page 6 of 10

Did they ever take her title away? I don't - Page 6 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th May, 2009 - 1:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Video - Pad Squad Carrie
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2009 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage
A Friend

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage - Page 6

I do not view Miss California as being smart at all. She is just a girl who is being exploited for what many people view as the perfect woman. I think she is just a poor girl who is caught up in all the glamour because to me she is not all that good looking.

Sponsored Links:
5th May, 2009 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Gay Responds California USA Miss

I thought she was raised a Christian? The reason I ask is because they released a pic of her when she was a teen wearing only a bottom underwear. Her reply is that the site "attempts to belittle her Christianity" spock.gif Pic in link provided.

Miss California says a Web site has posted racy photos of her in an attempt to belittle her Christianity.

Carrie Prejean says photos taken of her as a teenager had been released "surreptitiously to a tabloid Web site that openly mocks me for my Christian faith."

In a statement, Prejean also says the attacks on her and others who "speak in defense of traditional marriage" are intolerant and offensive....

5th May, 2009 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage Sports & Fashion Music Movies

It is a truth, sad or not, that if you choose to state you beliefs, every mistake you have ever made will be examined and you will be derided.

I believe that Mrs. California's life would have been easier if she would have answered the question without injecting any absolutes. I also believe that it is not hypocritical to have a change of heart, regardless of what you did as a teenager. It is not uncommon for parents to advocate for Abstinence to their Children, with the perfect knowledge that they did not necessarily follow this same advice.

As to her statement "attempts to belittle her Christianity", she is correct in this instance. To bring up a person's inglorious past to refute the argument that marriage should be between a man and a woman is silly and is a logical fallacy. Many people were once fallen, but that does not mean they can't change. Paul the Apostle is a perfect example of a man who perpetrated many evils, but later became a strong advocate for the fledgling Christian Religion. Why can't Miss California do the same?

5th May, 2009 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Marriage Gay Responds California USA Miss

I totally agree with Miss California. That picture was deliberately release as a low attempt to humiliate Miss California and also, to silence her too. I would not be the least bit surprised that Perez Hilton is behind that photo of Miss California. It is painfully obvious that many people are not very pleased with the outspoken beauty contestant. I can vouch from experience, people grow very angry when you openly disagree with them. Especially on a political view or a very controversial topic. This latest incident just shows how petty and vindictive people can be towards those who speak their minds freely. I don't think it is fair to past judgement on Miss California for one picture which was taken when she was a teenager. Many individuals do a lot of things they are not proud of when they were younger. Some people do illegal drugs, steal or were even in jail. I think what counts is how you are trying to improve the quality of your life and help others learn from your mistakes.

I remember that Perez said some nasty things about Miss California and her response to his remarks was, "I will continue to pray for him!" You go girl! cool.gif

5th May, 2009 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Gay Responds California USA Miss

I agree with both of you in the motive behind the picture. Having said that, I still don't understand what is the big deal about this girl, how answering a question so poorly (in my opinion) made her some sort of "hero" overnight.

5th May, 2009 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage

People often (including myself) rally around people who are willing to stand up for a common belief and standard.

This is especially true when the person is attacked on a personal level , strictly for advocating that view.

I do not hold her as a Hero, but the attacks on her have been strong and in my view a little over the top. She deserves some support from those who agree with her, as she is getting grilled from the Hollywood Liberal establishment.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th May, 2009 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds Gay Marriage - Page 6

The drama continues, they want to remove the title of first runner up.

The directors of the Miss California USA pageant are looking into whether title holder Carrie Prejean violated her contract by working with a national group opposed to gay marriage and by posing semi-clad when she was a teenage model.

Pageant spokesman Roger Neal said Tuesday it appears the 21-year-old Prejean has run afoul of several sections of the 12-page contract that prospective contestants were required to sign before competing in the state contest.

The contract contains a clause asking participants whether they have conducted themselves "in accordance with the highest ethical and moral standards" and if they've ever been photographed nude or partially nude.

Prejean spokeswoman Melany Ethridge said she couldn't comment on the contract because she's unfamiliar with its contents....

9th May, 2009 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Miss USA California Responds Gay Marriage Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 6

Did they ever take her title away? I don't think they can do that, it will look to vindictive and she could turn around and sue.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Miss USA California Responds To Gay Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,