Cause Of Right-wing Extremism

Cause Right-wing Extremism - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Apr, 2009 - 2:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2009 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cause Of Right-Wing Extremism

Rise of Right-Wing Extremism Linked to Recession

The Department of Homeland Security released a report last week that warned right-wing extremist groups are gaining new recruits by exploiting fears about the economy and the election of the nation's first black president. We speak with Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center. Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
26th Apr, 2009 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Extremism Right-wing Cause

There are problems with this "report." First, there is no definition of what a "right-wing extremist" is. Second, the writers used extremely broad descriptions.

For example, the report indicates that essentially all veterans returning from Iraq are suspect, as are all former vets.

Ms. Napolitano indicated that she agreed with the report, saying that she did not want another Timothy McVeigh. One former military member makes all of us suspect?

Finally, the report identifies opinions as being cause for suspicion. Not actions.

It appears to me that this report is a foundation for future persecution of political thought, not realistic law enforcement.

One last thing. You can't get much more conservative than traditional Muslims. There is abundant evidence that there is a group of Muslim right-wing extremists living in the US. Yet all of the opinions, value systems, thoughts, and actions contained in the report point towards nominally christian conservatives.

I think it is another example of an attempt to demonize conservatives.

According to the vague definitions, I, along with at least a third of the US, am a right-wing extremist!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2009 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cause Of Right-wing Extremism History & Civil Business Politics

House Republicans Want Napolitano to Resign After Memo Targeting Pro-Lifers

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republicans in the House of Representatives are calling on Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to step down or for President Obama to fire her. They are upset by a memo Napolitano's department recently released saying people who oppose abortion are likely to engage in terrorism and right-wing extremism. Rep. John Carter, a Texas Republican, says, "Singling out the political opponents for working against the ruling party is precisely the tactic of every tyrannical government from Red China to Venezuela. The first step in the process is creating unfounded public suspicion of political opponents, followed by arresting and jailing any who continue speaking against the regime." Carter organized an hour of speeches on the House floor on Wednesday to protest the memo, in which the Obama administration said people who "oppose abortion" are among those who are potential members of extremist groups or potential terrorists.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Extremism Right-wing Cause

She is not going to step down and she met with the National legion commander to apologize for someone releasing this memo that was not supposed to reach outsiders. So she basically said in my opinion I am sorry my memo got out to the public. I think she should still step down as she has no clue on what she is doing.

> TOPIC: Cause Of Right-wing Extremism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,