Should We Teach Our Teens How To Use A Condom? - Page 3 of 3

QUOTE (colbyjay @ 20-Jul 09, 6:46 PM) I'll - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2009 - 10:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
20th Jul, 2009 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Should We Teach Our Teens How To Use A Condom? - Page 3

Brother colbyjay please don't be easily offended we're all here to learn and progress and assuming other people's intentions isn't what Jesus would do. My dear brothers and sisters we need to teach our children the importance of remaining pure, teaching them how to put a condom doesn't fit in that teaching but we have free agency my brothers and sisters so let's ask the spirit for guidance in all things.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jul, 2009 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Condom Use To Teens Teach Should

My daughter had already heard about condoms from her friends when she was 9 years old. She asked me what a condom was. Okay, so how do you explain to a child what that is, trying to keep the conversation "age appropriate"? I tried to brush it off and said, "It has to do with sex between men and women." She didn't accept that. "But what is a condom?" Let me tell you how awkward that was!

Do I tell her, "I'll explain it when you're older" ? Does that effectively close the door to future conversations, and make her turn to her friends for more information rather than to me?

I explained that it's not something she needs to know about right now, because she's too young to understand what happens between two loving, married grown ups. She still didn't like that, but accepted that I wasn't going to go into details at that time.

She will be 12 in September. There are 13- and 14-year-old children at her school having sex already. Does that mean that I have to teach my daughter how condoms are used? Absolutely not. Does it mean that we have to have that conversation, again, about what condoms are? Absolutely. But more importantly, we have to have the conversation about sexual purity, accountability to God, and morality.

22nd Jul, 2009 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Should We Teach Our Teens How To Use A Condom? Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (colbyjay @ 20-Jul 09, 6:46 PM)
I'll stop trying to explain, because I get the feeling that no matter what I say you will just not get it. Hopefully other people will get my point.

Oh geez you just joined for heaven's sake dont be so defensive. I asked because thats the impression I got when you said :

So my answer is yes, you should teach your kids what a condom is, how to use it, how it works... Its all the same. If you know what a condom is then you know how to use it. It's not rocket science.

I dont agree that if you know what a condom is you know automatically how to use it, not every kid is the same. You can well teach them what it is (purpose) without having to show them how to use one, no need for that.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Should We Teach Our Teens How To Use A Condom?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,