Man Beats Toddler To Death

Man Beats Toddler Death - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2009 - 5:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
20th Apr, 2009 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

The mother of this poor little girl should be charged with murder also. I am so sick to read news of mothers who are so desperate for a "man" that they're willing to put their own kids in danger. DISGUSTING!

ELWOOD - A man from Northern Illinois was charged Friday with first-degree murder in the beating death of an 18-month old Greene County girl.

Will County Sheriff Paul Kaupas, Elwood Police Chief David Albert and Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow issued a news release Friday announcing the first-degree murder charge against Lee K. Ponshe, 25, of Elwood. Will County lies just south of Chicago.

Albert said Ponshe is charged in the beating death of Halli R. Burton, the 18-month old daughter of Jessi Dunlap and Josh Burton of White Hall. Albert said the child and her mother had lived in White Hall up until Monday, when the woman and her infant daughter moved in with Ponshe after Dunlap struck up a relationship with him over the Internet.

At 7:40 p.m. Wednesday, the Elwood Fire Department responded to a call at the Ponshe residence regarding an unresponsive child.

Paramedics notified the Elwood Police Department and immediately transferred the infant to Provena Saint Joseph Medical Center in Joliet, where she was pronounced dead at 8:05 p.m.

Albert requested assistance from the Will County Sheriff's Department's Investigation Unit. Detective Sgt. Steven Talmontas led the investigation, along with detectives Denise Powers and Wayne Ratajack, with assistance from the Elwood police. Top officials from the Will County State's Attorney's Office also were called in to review the case Thursday...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2009 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Death Toddler Beats Man

Name: Jaxresident

Comments: I agree. It has also been revealed this "mother" is a Registered Nurse, working as a Pediatric Nurse as well. She failed to notice the symptoms of blunt force trauma to the head (lethargy, vomiting, unequal pupils) not to mention the bruising and knuckle imprints on the child's face, body, defensive wounds, lacerated mouth, on and on? Instead it is reported a day later she put her child down for a nap and only when the baby become non-responsive did she seek medical attention and the baby died.

20th Apr, 2009 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Man Beats Toddler To Death History & Civil Business Politics

Are you kidding? My goodness! If this is true, she is as guilty as the murderer. Just to think she is taking care of newborns gives me the shivers!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2009 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Death Toddler Beats Man

Name: Goodfriendoflee

Comments: I am a very good friend of Lee's and have been for a long time. This whole situation has not been truly told. From my understanding through talking to Lee and his family, Jessi was not supposed to move in with him until she had a job. From what I have been reading, Jessi's ex-husband, Josh, was trying to get custody of Halli. Jessi was advised by her lawyer to move in with Lee as soon as possible to make it harder for Josh to get custody. Interesting...

Lee has had custody of his own son for about 2 and 1/2 years now. His son is 4 years old. Lee loves his child dearly and would never hurt his child or anyone elses. He loves children and always has. He is a very protective father. >From talking to Lee throughout his relationship with Jessi he always said how much he loved Halli and always wanted a daughter of his own. From my understanding he took care of both his own son and Halli while Jessi was working most of the time.

Lee, Jessi, Lee's son, and Halli all left Whitehall together on Tuesday and came back to Lee's house. During the time that Jessi ran to Walmart, Halli accidentally fell into Lee's crawl space. Lee said he was in the computer room at the time and went running into the bedroom when he heard it happen. The crawl space is about 4 1/2 feet deep. He picked Halli out of the crawl space and immediately called Jessi, his own parents, and myself. He said he didn't know what to do and was deeply concerned about this little girl. Lee's son even talks about Halli falling into the crawl space. When Jessi got home, Lee said he explained to her what had happened and asked Jessi to look her over since she is a Pediatric Nurse. Jessi said that she was fine and that she did not need to go in the ER. This makes much more sense of how the autopsy showed trauma to the head. As far as the brusing to the cheek, Halli had fallen at the grandparents house prior to them moving in. Jessi's parents even testified to this. Any child falling from that far would have trauma to the head. The crawl space is gravel, which would obviously do damage to any child of that age.

That night Lee was up with the little girl all night because she was crying. Jessi would not get up with her own daughter. The next day Lee, Jessi, Lee's son, and Halli all went about there day, shopping, running errands, ect. Lee and Jessi laid both children down for naps. Jessi also took a nap of her own in the living room on the couch. Lee came in from the garage and wanted to begin getting dinner ready so he went and woke up his son and then Halli. He noticed Halli didn't look right and called Jessi into the room immediately. Lee said she grabbed her stethoscope off of the end of the couch, which Halli had been sleeping on and checked Halli's heartbeat and said there was nothing. Lee does not understand why her stethoscope was on the end of the couch, when it had been in the bedroom on the dresser before. He then called 911. The next day, Thursday, around 4pm Lee and Jessi were supposed to be present at the review of the autopsy. However, little did Lee know he was led right into an interrogation. None of Lee's family nor Lee were even aware of this interrogation. However, Jessi's family did. Could it be because her brother is a state trooper for the state of Illinois?

I talked to Lee up until Thursday and he was so distraught. He was crying, deeply saddened and in disbelief. How come no one suspected Lee in the beginning and now all of a sudden her entire family is against him. If they had any suspicion against him, they would have turned on him as soon as her death. But thats not the case, they stuck by him until that interrogation which he was led into. There is still a lot of missing pieces to this case and it is still under investigation. Please stop pointing fingers until someone is actually sentenced. I believe in Lee's innocence and so do the people that know him and his family. This is truly a tragedy for all who are involved.

26th Apr, 2009 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Death Toddler Beats Man

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 26-Apr 09, 4:46 PM)
Name: Goodfriendoflee 

Jessi was advised by her lawyer to move in with Lee as  soon as possible to make it harder for Josh to get custody. Interesting... 

I don't know what is so "interesting" about that. The TOPIC is MURDER OF A BABY, not the reason why the woman moved in with your loser friend.

Lee has had custody of his own son for about 2 and 1/2 years now. His son is  4 years old. Lee loves his child dearly and would never hurt his child or  anyone elses. He loves children and always has. He is a very protective father.  >From talking to Lee throughout his relationship with Jessi he always said how  much he loved Halli and always wanted a daughter of his own. From my  understanding he took care of both his own son and Halli while Jessi was  working most of the time.

Well of course if he did NOT have a job (familiar story in these cases), what else he would do? It seems to me that either you do not know him as you think you do or you're the kind of person willing to defend someone you consider a friend DESPITE the evidence the police has found. Pathetic.

This makes much more sense of how the autopsy  showed trauma to the head.

Yes, the autopsy showed the cause of death was trauma to the head but the police stated that the girl was beat up to death, in other words die from her injuries. There were OTHER injuries you seem to quietly forget or brush off.

I talked to Lee up until Thursday and he was so distraught. He was crying,  deeply saddened and in disbelief.

Really? I am sure little Halli went through much pain and agony as she slowly died in the hands of the man that was supposed to protect her. This guy makes me absolutely sick and I hope he gets what he deserves in jail because you and I know what Bubba and friends do to child killers in jail, right? He would get a taste of his own medicine.

. Please stop pointing fingers until someone is actually  sentenced.

Something tells me you will still defending him even if he is found guilty. On another note, I cannot believe your naivety with the whole "she fell" story. Do you think police and doctors who specialize in these things do NOT know the difference between trauma through a fall and trauma through being beaten? Please! Get real!

Post Date: 2nd May, 2009 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Name: TRUTH

Comments: LDS_forever. Police lie their asses off and are not as professional as people think. What does it take to get on the police force? They love being the heros and capturing the bad guy. Unemployed, Young, alternate father... Of course its his fault!

Doctors make mistakes just like everyone else. Something might seem obvious so that is obviously the answer. I'm sure if you received 10 different professional opinions on this case you would get at least 5 different scenarios.

LDS_forever so quick to prosecute... yet anyone who knows Lee would never believe he is capable of this. Stranger things have happened but this story just does not make sense.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd May, 2009 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Man Beats Toddler Death

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 2-May 09, 2:09 PM)
LDS_forever so quick to prosecute...  yet anyone who knows Lee would never believe he is capable of this.

*sigh* Do you live inside a crystal ball? Do I have to make a list of worldwide criminals who according to family and friends were "decent, nice, hardworking, etc, etc, etc" unable to ever to hurt a fly and they turned to be atrocious killers? rolleyes.gif Let me know if you want a list, I would be glad to provide one.

The thing is, people just do not see the "signs", these kind of low lives like Lee always give signs but people are not able to detect them therefore they have created in their mind this image of what this man is really like and they're absolutely in denial, to the point they won't even trust the facts the police has presented! There is no worst blind than the one that does not want to see.

The only victim here is this precious little girl who was abused and killed in the hands of the person who was supposed to protect her. If thinking that he is innocent makes you and his many friends feel good then go ahead, after all who wants to believe a supposed "good" man that happens to be your friend is in fact a child murderer that deserves to be put to death?

In cases like this, gives me the shivers to see the amount of people ready to defend the bastard, and the real victim...a babe, left abandoned, even after death. How sad.

Post Date: 5th May, 2009 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Man Beats Toddler Death Politics Business Civil & History

The question I have on this case is why the mother was not able to see for herself that he daughter was injured and needed to see a doctor or a ER. She is a nurse who works with very young children. Maybe she is the one that actually caused harm to the child. Either way we need to learn more about this case there are too many loose ends.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Man Beats Toddler To Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,