Removing The Speaker Of The House

Removing Speaker House - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th May, 2009 - 2:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA in the USA
Post Date: 18th May, 2009 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Removing the Speaker of the House

What is the process for removing the Speaker of the House?

Sponsored Links:
19th May, 2009 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

House The Speaker Removing

Speaker of the House can be removed at any time simply by a majority vote of the House of Representatives. A representative would have to propose the vote. I am sure the issue would be debated on the floor and then could be put to vote. If a majority vote her out...they are out. They would not lose their seat in the House, just the title of Speaker of the House and position with regards to succession of the Presidency.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 19th May, 2009 - 3:45am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

19th May, 2009 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

Removing The Speaker Of The House History & Civil Business Politics

Interesting. How many times has this (removing the Speaker) occurred with success in US history?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th May, 2009 - 9:34am / Post ID: #

JB:

I cannot actually say that it has ever been done. Most of them resign prior to that vote taking place. Kind of like Nixon.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

19th May, 2009 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

I just looked up some information on this in Wikipedia. Apparently in the 1900's the office was not as powerful or important as now, and the elections were very bitter and contentious.

So, I think that there were probably many Speakers who were voted out of their positions.

When the balance of power in the House shifts from one party to another, then the office of Speaker changes hands.

Newt Gingrich is one recent Speaker who was very controversial, but his controversy was based upon his complete opposition to President Bill Clinton's policies. Ms. Pelosi, while completely opposed to all things conservative and traditional in US Politics, is mostly controversial for her runaway mouth and foolish statements.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 19th May, 2009 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It is her mouth and foolish comments that is putting in such hot water. I hope that someone does bring up the vote to get her out of the seat of the speaker.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Removing The Speaker Of The House

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,