Was Rape An Enhanced Interrogation Technique?

Was Rape Enhanced Interrogation Technique - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th May, 2009 - 1:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th May, 2009 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Was Rape an Enhanced Interrogation Technique?
By Jacob G. Hornberger

Should U.S. Officials who authorized enhanced interrogation techniques be let off the hook for rapes committed by U.S. Officials as part of enhanced interrogations of detainees? Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 29th May, 2009 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Technique Interrogation Enhanced Rape Was

I for one do not condone what they did and I would be one that says do not let them off the hook. Water boarding and Rape are two extreme means of torture. Allowing this to happen is wrong in my book.

29th May, 2009 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Was Rape An Enhanced Interrogation Technique? History & Civil Business Politics

Kntoran:
You are not equivocating Rape (which was not authorized under Enhanced interrogation techniques and is real torture), with Water boarding (which was authorized and is mild in comparison to real torture)?

I am all for prosecuting people who actually used Rape as a torture technique (We have to separate real torture from legitimate techniques that can garner important information), but it is wrong to compare two really different things. We only marginalize real torture when we do not admit that there are degrees. To lump them all together minimizes real torture and makes it hard to eliminate it in the world.

The only people who should be prosecuted are those that used Rape, and those that may have tried to protect those who used this torture technique.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Post Date: 30th May, 2009 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Technique Interrogation Enhanced Rape Was

You are correct in saying that rape is a more violent means of torture than water boarding is. I am one who does not believe in torture for information even the mild cases of torture. I feel that any information you get from these means is sketchy at the best.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Was Rape An Enhanced Interrogation Technique?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,