Us$100 House In Detroit

Us$ 100 House Detroit - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Sep, 2009 - 1:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Jun, 2009 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Us$100 House In Detroit

If you are short of cash or you want to make an investment in a property maybe you should head to Detroit.

(CNN) -- If an e-mail popped up in your inbox promising a house for $100, you'd expect to see it sent from a guy in Nigeria asking you to wire him several thousand dollars first.

But this depressed housing market dream is real. And Detroit, Michigan, artist Jon Brumit and his wife Sarah are living it.

The couple never counted on owning a home.

"It's not that we have a little money," Jon Brumit said, laughing. "I'm saying we have no money."

But the couple began entertaining the idea of a permanent nest when their friends Mitch Cope and Gina Reichert, also artists, started taking advantage of foreclosures in the city, where the average home price dipped to $11,533 in April, according to the Detroit Association of Realtors.

Dragging down the average are homes are long abandoned or foreclosed on that are selling for pennies on the dollar. Detroit already had the lowest market value houses in Michigan before the latest rounds of job losses at GM and other huge employers, market analysts say....

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2009 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Us$100 House In Detroit
A Friend

Detroit House Us

While a nice home in Detroit does sound good and the fact is I may be able to get one for a couple hundred dollars I think I will stay in Iowa where I know I still have a job.

18th Jun, 2009 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Us$100 House In Detroit History & Civil Business Politics

Also, I always suspect houses like this one are in bad/dangerous neighborhoods. Yes, you buy a house for 100 bucks but then you ended up becoming a victim of crime (of course, if you plan to live there).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Jun, 2009 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Detroit House Us

Why not? the price is excellent and is a good opportunity to invest you can fixed it up and sell it for some good money.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

26th Sep, 2009 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Detroit House Us

For what I heard Detroit is a very dangerous city so I guess that's why the real estate there seems to be so cheap. Safety it is one of the most important things to consider when purchasing a home.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

> TOPIC: Us$100 House In Detroit

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,