What If We Are Wrong? - Page 2 of 2

Name: Nick Country: Comments: I think there - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Jul, 2010 - 9:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Not how you perceived it...
9th Jul, 2009 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

What If We Are Wrong? - Page 2

I mean something is clearly wrong you know what am I saying?

No I do not.
Some people need a lifetime to progress to the point where they love their neighbor without the gentle persuasion of a priesthood leader or relief society president.

Love comes naturally to some people, and I believe this is a spiritual gift that we all should be striving for. Others have the gift of tongues, the gift of testimony, the gift of visions, prophesy, the gift to learn about the deeper things of the gospel and the gift to teach those doctrines.

But as the prophet states, we should not procrastinate the day of our repentance, and I do understand that we should strive to overcome our own weaknessess. I also believe that it takes some people all of their lives to truly serve exclusively out of love for their fellow man and love of God, and that is something that they are working out with Him in this journey we call life.

It seems like we should be aware that not all people will have completely pure motives for service at all times in their life. I also acknowledge that with the imperfect perspectives that we have, it is nearly impossible for us to understand another's motives for Church activity and commitment. That is why I have a hard time judging why people do the things they do in or out of the Church, or more importantly what anothers standing is before God.

It also helps me understand this question of " what if I am wrong". I freely admit that I am probably wrong on many of the things I perceive to be true. At this point I am working on Faith with the hope that God will judge me according to how I accept and follow through with my perceptions of truth. I pray everyday that I am doing right by my children, in teaching them correct principles, and hope that they are able to receive truth from the only reliable source that truth can really be found, which is the Spirit of God.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2009 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Wrong We What

QUOTE (dbackers @ 9-Jul 09, 6:57 PM)
[QUOTE]

Some people need a lifetime to progress to the point where they love their neighbor without the gentle persuasion of a priesthood leader or relief society president.

I dont get it, if they need a lifetime to do that and they need people constantly reminding them to love others then they never learned the lesson and never loved?

13th Jul, 2009 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

What If We Are Wrong? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Brigham Young once said

Our personal growth in the gospel comes little by little and line upon line as we live the principles we learn.We "¦ take all the laws, rules, ordinances and regulations contained in the Scriptures and practice them as far as possible, and then keep learning and improving until we can live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

I am just saying that it may take some people a little longer to learn to practice the law of love (or any other precept) then it may take others. I think if a person is heading in the right direction, and trying to do good, they will be blessed for that. Only God can judge a man's heart, and that is where I think we are with this discussion. Only God knows all truth, but it is our responsibility to draw closer to him by finding that truth and adjusting our lives accordingly.

12th Jun, 2010 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Wrong We What

After thinking about it for a little while I think you're right. I have a hard time understanding that someone will love another person just because its a commandment, it doesnt sound very good but I do get now what you're saying.

12th Jun, 2010 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Wrong We What

I have realized many times in my life that I probably had it wrong. It was kind of devastating at the time. Coming to terms with my new awareness of things. Reanalyzing previous things I had held so dear. It is tough to admit that you were were wrong about things that happened years ago. Very hard to admit to yourself that the way you are living and perceiving the world might be off, or need a re-adjustment. Also for me it has been a joyous thing as well, knowing that I am still on the path and heading in the right direction.

That said I think most all people here that I have met are on a journey to be better people. Regardless of if they are LDS, christian, whatever those that are seeking to be a more godlike person will take on the task. Yes you will stumble, yes you will fall, but something in your nature makes you get back up and continue to seek your goal.

Long story short I guess my point is, that is what will happen if we are wrong. We get back up and continue our paths, what else can we do.

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry, I am not LDS, I just thought this topic was interesting and wanted to throw in my two cents.

17th Jun, 2010 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

What If We Are Wrong?

Oliron just a little correction LDS are Christians, I say it because you kind of make the separation in your post.

I think the big issue with people and religion and their fear that what they believe may not be true is the fact of the TIME they have wasted, some of them ALL their lives to serve a church that ended up not being true.

That's a tough cookie.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2010 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

What We Wrong - Page 2

Name: Nick

Comments: I think there were very good points brought up in some of these comments about excessive church programs.

And someone mentioned them as maybe being our own law of Moses.

This is a very astute and telling observation that lends credence to the first observation about too many programs.

At a time when we are supposedly charged with building the Kingdom of God in preparation for His return....Should we be dilly dallying with the practice of lesser laws or should we be digging into the meat of the Gospel?

And who should be leading that charge?

The only thing I see preventing us from ascending to Zion are those preventing & discouraging us from accessing the deeper aspects of the Kingdom without being intimidated for seeking higher knowledge.

The reason that seems to be used to explain this is that we are not ready for these things and therefore unworthy.

My question, aside from the obvious observation that many of us are not worthy, is to question why those of us who desire to go all the way, are being discouraged from doing so.

And for what good reason? So that we become spiritually dumbed down to the level of those not seeking Zion ?

They are not likely to get a bug in their shorts by my remaining on their level of interest. So what's the point?

What is really going on here?

Unless the point is to dumb me down. Because every program in the church has done little to nothing but add to the burden of those faithful who struggle to bless the lives of slackers at the expense of not spending that time with their Family who are their primary responsibility.

In the days of Moses, the law of Moses made perfect sense.
They needed to start with the basics and move up from there.

With all the wonderful things that were revealed through Joseph Smith that got the Restoration off on a foot that far surpassed the days of Moses...Why are we moving backward from the time of Joseph Smith?

The fact that God revealed so many things is precisely because our generation is capable of handling it.

We are being spoon fed the Gospel on a very elementary scale at a time when we should be seeking the heights of knowledge.

God is suposed to return isn't He? To what? A bunch of spiritual sissy's?

I think if Christ were here right now, He would be having a chat with leaders who are stiffling the spiritual growth of those wanting to excel and please the Lord and who are catering to a non caring bunch of member by name only slackers, who are draining the spirits of the truly righteous, who are growing ever more weary of sacrificing their own Families for the sake of those who don't give a you know what about the Real Gospel and it's intended purpose for our generation.

So what's the real answer? These are the exact same conditions that exist in many of our work places of the world today.

The idiots are floating to the top as though they were cream instead of that other stuff that floats.

And who is it that is facilitating them?

Too many Programs? I say too many leaders adopting the world standard of "Dumbing Down" the masses in order to serve man and not God.

And in our case...Who are we serving in all this?...Would Jesus run the show in this manner?

I think the answer to that is fairly obvious. So it's not a matter of WWJD. It's a matter of what He is going to do & when He is going to do it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What If We Are Wrong?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,