Is It Ok To Question?

Is Question - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Jul, 2010 - 7:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2010 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Question?

Is it OK to Question?

Name: Mike

Comments: I've seen loads of very interesting messages and topics here. I spend my time looking through here for what people have to say. I have been for months at a time but just never thought about actually saying something. Anyway I wanted to ask if it is OK to question all these things? Should we be questioning how heavenly Father manages his plan of salvation? Why is it important to know all this stuff if we can just rest it in his hands and find out at the right time? For me questioning is like being faithless and full of doubt. Just sharing what I'm think at this moment if you don't mind.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jul, 2010 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

Question Ok Is

Depends on the motive of the person asking the question. Some questioned Jesus about what he taught that they might discredit him, not endeavoring to find truth. Jesus disciples on the other hand questioned him because they earnestly wanted to know more about what he taught.
We can learn much by questioning. Take for example the answer Jesus gave to this question

international QUOTE
  (Matthew 22:36-40) . . .Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 He said to him: ""You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind." 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets."

Reconcile Edited: David27072 on 1st Jul, 2010 - 5:34am

2nd Jul, 2010 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Is It Ok To Question? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Mike how in the world questioning means being full of doubt? Unless you feel the church is a cult where you just swallow whatever is given to you without no thought or right to question then there is nothing wrong with questioning you know what am I saying? It is healthy to question because it means you have a mind of your own and just don't follow blindly.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2010 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Question Ok Is

Name: Nick

Comments: Mike, to not question anything that comes out of the mouth of a man is to be relying on the arm of flesh. And that includes things that come out of the mouths of our own prophets...Especially them because of the weight their message is carrying for all of us.

If there is an inclination on anyone's ones part to discourage us from doing that, that person should be avoided or placed under high suspicion of concealing something they don't want you to know.

God gave you a brain to think with on your own. Likewise how would he ever expect you to become like him?

We sometimes need the wisdom of others to help us reach higher ground. But we should never blindly accept what others may preach as Gospel without also runing it by the Lord who confirms it's validity & truth to us personally through the Holy Ghost.

To place blind trust in any man including God's Prophets, is to ask for potential trouble.

Joseph & Brigham warned us of doing such things, as do the scriptures.

Questioning is not rejection as some would have you falsely believe. It is merely having the truth confirmed to us. One way or the other.

Only fools don't ask questions...

> TOPIC: Is It Ok To Question?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,