Magic: The Gathering - Page 2 of 2

A friend came and stayed with me for a month - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 1st Mar, 2013 - 4:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 
Magic: The Gathering
Duels of the Planeswalkers
27th Oct, 2010 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Magic: The Gathering - Page 2

Yeah it definitely can be quite confusing to figure out certain situations that come up between the effects of different cards. I like the online versions because I don't have to have a local player lined up at whatever given time the desire strikes me to play. It is definitely a cash cow for them but the same thing can apply to rpg's and there supplements and new versions. Not on the same scale as magic can but still businesses are there too make money and its hard to do that without releasing new product. I enjoy the endless amounts of combination's and strategies that can be employed. Plus the adrenaline that you get from coming down to really low life and drawing the one card that you can use to pull off a combo and turn the game around and win it is tough to ignore.

Sponsored Links:
30th Oct, 2010 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Gathering Magic

Always saw the ads but never was interested because of the format > cards. Seemed to be too random or Yugioh for me. What do the cards do anyway just act like dice would in D20 system?

31st Oct, 2010 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Magic: The Gathering Reviews RPG & Card Board

It does sound interesting though, I think I saw a advert saying it is like playing Poker with magic cards ?

Could be great fun can you play it online ?

31st Oct, 2010 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Gathering Magic

Well it is much closer to Yugioh than D&D since it is competitive player vs player, with each player being a "wizard" casting spells designed to finally reduce his opponents' Health to zero. I'm not really a fan of cards either though I've made a couple of amateur card games including a zombie one, though it started out as a dice game. Cards do have the difference of game mechanic where you remove a card and it can't be drawn again, which dynamically changes the probabilities of all the cards being drawn from then on.

10th Nov, 2010 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Gathering Magic

Sorry I hadn't replied earlier I must have missed the email stating that there were replies to this thread. Yeah like Jpatt said your role is a wizard and your goal is to reduce your opponents life total from the starting 20 down to 0. There are "Land" cards that give you the "Mana" needed to cast spells, there are all sorts of spells from creatures to enchantments to sorceries like "Fireball". It can be a very easy game to learn but a very hard game to master that's for sure. It can also be a very expensive one if you want to keep up with the current expansions to be able to play the tournament type games. Yes it can be played online on both the Xbox 360, which is more of a lite version of the game where there is very little customization to the decks you use or on Magic: The Gathering Online where there is the ability to make all you decks from the ground up. It is something that I enjoy playing casually and am in a clan on MTGO that helps with my deck construction and general playing tips. They also offer clan leagues and other clan run events that are a lot of fun.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2012 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I tend to stay away from the standard style of game play. I understand that the best way to win is for your deck to have consistency, but this also gets monotonous and boring for me.

My friends and I play Commander because you can only have one of any card in their 99 card decks (1 card is the general which isn't shuffled into the deck). This ensures that your decks and games are more dynamic and unpredictable. Also, it makes opening packs more enjoyable because if get a card you really like, you can immediately put it in your deck and start using it. You don't have to worry about spending money on a play set in order for the card to be useful.

In sum, standard Magic is far too expensive and static for me to enjoy, but the Commander (also known as Elder Dragon Highlander) format makes Magic well worth playing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2013 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Magic Gathering - Page 2

A friend came and stayed with me for a month almost 6 months ago now. He introduced me to Magic and I really enjoy it, but now that he's gone I have no one to play with.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Magic: The Gathering

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,