Ásatruarfelagið

Ásatruarfelagið - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 7th Jul, 2009 - 3:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Jul, 2009 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Ásatruarfelagið

Ásatrúarfelagið

The BBC just did a film about this group ( see another Thread here: Source 8 ) but I wanted to focus on the religious beliefs itself and found this site:

Ásatrúarfelagið is a religious organisation for those who believe in the Icelandic/Nordic folklore, the spirits and entities the folklore represents, in addition to gods and other beings from the Nordic pantheism. The purpose of the organisation is keeping alive the old traditions, beliefs and ways and restores the Ancient Way to its former glory, reclaim our cultural heritage and honour the ways of the old Nordic Gods. Ref. Source 1

Ásatruarfelagið
Ásatruarfelagið (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2009 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Ásatruarfelagið
A Friend

satruarfelagi

As my tradition is Celtic not Nordic, I have just as much as you to learn about this fascinating religion. As I said, we Pagans have a lot in common but by the same token much is different about our beliefs.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2009 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Ásatruarfelagið
A Friend

Ásatruarfelagið Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

With my heritage being Danish I am always interested in the old beliefs back when we worshiped Odin and Thor. I find that those who still stick to the old beliefs to be quite fascinating.

7th Jul, 2009 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

satruarfelagi

I didn't know Iceland still had this so common in their beliefs I always thought it was like something from long ago and not something done today.

> TOPIC: Ásatruarfelagið

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,