Military Ban On Tobacco

Military Ban Tobacco - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2009 - 11:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

U.S.A. No Smoking
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2009 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Military Ban On Tobacco

Ban on tobacco urged in military

Pentagon health experts are urging Defense Secretary Robert Gates to ban the use of tobacco by troops and end its sale on military property, a change that could dramatically alter a culture intertwined with smoking. Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
3rd Aug, 2009 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Tobacco Ban Military

I don't smoke. I did for a while, many years ago. I enjoyed smoking a pipe. However, other people didn't like my habit.

After I quit, I had to endure many other people's smoking habits. It wasn't particularly pleasant.

However, it is legal. I am not comfortable with any government agency banning any legal activity. Restricting where and when it can be enjoyed? Yes. Telling people they cannot do it at all? Not at all.

I am sure that the military would be better off if nobody used tobacco in any way. The same is true of all of society. However, it is wrong to try to force everyone to abide by my point of view. And, knowing what military folk are like, this would go over like a porcupine in a condom factory.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

> TOPIC: Military Ban On Tobacco

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,