More Disappointed By...

More Disappointed By - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Jul, 2009 - 5:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mark Twain
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

More Disappointed By...

Mark Twain Philosophy

Consider the following quote and place your thoughts:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain - American Author

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

More Disappointed By...
A Friend

By Disappointed More

I believe for a lot of people this is something that will be true. Many people have dreams of seeing the world and meeting all sorts of people. But then they find themselves to be pushing 40 and have not gone more than 200 miles from their birthplace.

I know there are some who do get out there and enjoy life to the fullest. That is what I am trying to do with my family.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2009 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

More Disappointed By... Health & Special Psychology

Name: Jane

Comments: How about this quote?

"I've been around the world, but I've never been to me." 

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2009 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

More Disappointed By...
A Friend

By Disappointed More

these are both very important quotes if someone wants to really enjoy life. You've got to know yourself really well so you can take care of yourself, you've also got to take the bull by the horns and don't let opportunity pass you by. The first quote is the more important one though, I think. It's telling us to step out of our comfort zone and change. I find that to many people don't want to do that and they just wave at opportunity as it goes by rather than grabbing it. The second quote is fairly important but it's not as important as living. This quote has to do with self-exploration. You have to search inside of you for all those good things you like and dislike. You just have to know what you're made of.

In the end, I think I'd rather have grasped opportunity rather than know myself but it's very good to do them both at the same time.

15th Jul, 2009 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

By Disappointed More

I like it and although I'm still young I already feel like kicking myself for not taking opportunities I had in front of me. What my dad once told me was don't look at what the past was just learn from it and make a better choice when the opportunity comes again because it will come.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2009 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

More Disappointed By...
A Friend

More Disappointed By...

That's a good way to look on life. Something sort of like that is:

"Everything worth doing is worth doing well."
~Fields of gold

I don't totally agree with your dad though. The way you wrote it was that the opportunity that just passed will come again but truly the same opportunity never comes twice.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: More Disappointed By...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,