Learn More About Christ From The Bible

Learn Christ Bible - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jun, 2010 - 7:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Aug, 2009 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Learn More About Christ From The Bible

A long time investigator we were teaching when I was out with the missionaries mentioned something I thought was a really good observation. They were asking why more of Jesus' life is not mentioned to the people in the Book of Mormon. He was basically saying that there is more about Christ's life and teachings in the Bible because of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John than there is in the Book of Mormon. I explained that is because the Bible speaks about when Jesus was born up to his death but the Book of Mormon is after his death.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Aug, 2009 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Bible The Christ More Learn

Another way to look at it is that the Book of Mormon contains His teachings, rather than his life. He did not live in the Book of Mormon lands, so there was not much about his life to write in the Book of Mormon.

3rd Aug, 2009 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Learn More About Christ From The Bible Studies Doctrine Mormon

For him I believe there was a bigger deal in reading what he actually did when he was still on earth as a half-mortal.

3rd Aug, 2009 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Oh, I am sure of it. It seems to me that most Christians are more interested in the life of Christ than they are in the eternal truths that He taught. Therefore, the details of His life are the important things.

12th Jun, 2010 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

It doesn't make a difference to me you know what am I saying? Because what is recorded is just wonderful and I think we should understand that the new testament deals more with his life than the BOM.

> TOPIC: Learn More About Christ From The Bible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,