Ad Management Mod For SMF Fomatting

Ad Management Mod Smf Fomatting - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 28th Jul, 2009 - 2:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Simple Machines
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2009 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have 2 questions:

1. I'm having some issues with my ads in my ad management mod for my SMF forum and wondering if changing something via css will help me with this. It's an issue with dealing with various users screen size. Here is the regular view:

Source 8

When my members with other, smaller monitors read this page, it looks like this:

Source 9]

Is there a way to shrink the ad management area when the screen size is decreased, so the entire page is proportionate?

2. If shrinking it isn't possible, would you happen to be able to tell me what would be the max width I would have up there in pixels? I am having difficulty placing the ads where I want and need to know the minimum width I would need for most computer monitors so I don't have this "stacking" issue. If this is a simple question that I should be asking on your forum, please let me know.

Thanks all!

Reconcile Edited: djso on 25th Jul, 2009 - 2:04pm

Sponsored Links:
25th Jul, 2009 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Fomatting SMF Mod Management Ad

In checking the poblem lies with users who use 1024 x 768. Hardly anyone uses that size but I guess there are a few. The problem is the size of the images are greater than 1024 in a line, so it tries to make one image fit below to compensate. You have some choices:

1. Make the images smaller
2. Add a "nowrap" code to the column so the image do not break BUT then your 1024 x768 viewers will see a scroll at the bottom of their browser which spoils the ascetics of their viewing.

Basically you should always aim to keep anything on your site from being above 1024 pixels in width. Usually I aim for 960 pixels as a maximum.

25th Jul, 2009 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Ad Management Mod For SMF Fomatting Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Are you using 100% width on your site or is it a fixed width? If you use a fixed width then you can see beforehand how it will look. Plus if your fixed width is bigger than the smaller size it won't matter to the people on a lower resolution.

25th Jul, 2009 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Her forum is not fixed width that's why there are not restrictions for low resolution users.

25th Jul, 2009 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Ah ok then you need to make everything smaller that might cause problems for the older monitor users. They're probably using crt monitors still.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2009 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thank you for the responses!

QUOTE ("JB")
"Add a "nowrap" code to the column so the image do not break BUT then your 1024 x768 viewers will see a scroll at the bottom of their browser "

1. What is entailed in doing this? I just want to use the maximum number of ads up there so MOST people see it properly.

So you are saying 960 should be my max in width so everyone sees the same thing, correct? This is effecting my esthetics though because I think I will have blank space on the sides and I know my advertisers will want to fill that space.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jul, 2009 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Ad Management Mod SMF Fomatting

In the table's column where yu do not want breaks you would use:

CODE

Best thing to do is measure your ads so they do not go over 960 when lined up and just leave your actual forum size as it is.

Tip: Usually when you are designing a site with ads you will sell "Ad blocks" which are predetermined sizes that the ad fits into rather than the other way around. That way the advertizer knows the limit before it begins to affect your site.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2009 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ad Management Mod SMF Fomatting Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Thank you.

I do sell ad blocks in pre set sizes but they have space on the side to compensate.

When setting up my new sponsorship areas, it's is more of a design issue as ads flow from the top down the left side. I want this to look as good as possible.

> TOPIC: Ad Management Mod For SMF Fomatting

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,