Was Lucifer Involved In The Creation Of This Earth

Was Lucifer Involved Creation Earth - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Jul, 2009 - 11:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th Jul, 2009 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

Someone posed the question above and I am trying to put a time line on what we may know and I am aware that most of you here are more knowledgeable than I am and so I am hoping you can help me out.

One of the questions was whether or not there was more than one council (because it seems that in one Christ was first, and then it was switched?) There was a council mentioned where both Lucifer and Christ volunteered. The first mentions that Lucifer became angry and left and one (I THINK) mentioned him being cast out--the one where Heavenly Father chose Jehovah. Are these two separate accounts?

If there was more than one council and an unknown amount of time between them--was the physical creation of the earth going on during this time and do we know if Satan was among those noble ones who helped create it? I know he was in authority before he fell --just not sure time frame wise if it was before or after the creation.

I hope this makes some sense and that someone may know what it is I am trying to find out! *smile* undecided.gif

Sponsored Links:
27th Jul, 2009 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Earth This Creation The Involved Lucifer Was

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS @ 27-Jul 09, 4:57 AM)
One of the questions was whether or not there was more than one council (because it seems that in one Christ was first, and then it was switched?)

Hello I'm new here but I hope to answer your question. I aint sure what you mean by the suggestion of more than one council and then being switched? It would help if you can be more specific. Anyhow the prophet Joseph Smith have stated several times about one council, a single one so to speculate more than one is a bit of a stretch unless of course you have some sources to look at about it. What probably existed (and this is my opinion) was several meetings where prophets were pre-ordained, etc but the council remained the same: one. As far as I know all the accounts mention one council.

There was a council mentioned where both Lucifer and Christ volunteered.  The first mentions that Lucifer became angry and left and one (I THINK) mentioned him being cast out--the one where Heavenly Father chose Jehovah.  Are these two separate accounts?

See first answer.

If there was more than one council and an unknown amount of time between them--was the physical creation of the earth going on during this time and do we know if Satan was among those noble ones who helped create it?  I know he was in authority before he fell --just not sure time frame wise if it was before or after the creation.

Again, no sources that indicates there was more than one council unless you have some references? you know people say a lot of things and like I said in another thread there must be a source/sources to back up certain claims (I aint speaking about you but whoever suggested there was more than one council) otherwise I would say they just have too much time in their hands and a wild imagination.

27th Jul, 2009 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Was Lucifer Involved In The Creation Of This Earth Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS @ 27-Jul 09, 4:57 AM)
I know he was in authority before he fell --

Dear sister alaskanlds we know Lucifer was a special spirit before he fell but where do you get he was in authority? I don't remember reading anything that says that. My dear siter with regards to your question I would like to read your source about the councils of heaven since never heard of it or read about it but only about one council thanks and may G-d bless you.

27th Jul, 2009 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine and Covenants 76:25

25 And this we saw also, and bear record, that an angel of God who was in authority in the presence of God, who rebelled against the Only Begotten Son whom the Father loved and who was in the bosom of the Father, was thrust down from the presence of God and the Son,

We at least know that Satan had some authority under God, though we do not know the extent of this authority. We also know the Father had much love for Lucifer before the fall as he was in the Bosom of the Father.

I believe the story of Lucifer reminds us that even that the most elect can fall from grace no matter how high they think they are.

29th Jul, 2009 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Are these two separate accounts?

Yes there are 2 distinct account of the council in heaven, which have some counter reports. Some have thought it to be 2 different counsels as you have stated. I know Cleon Skousen makes this assumption. But we really do not know for sure if this was the case or not. Many times ancient documents have different accounts of the same thing, even though they seem contrary, (look at all of the creation stories we have for example), yet it does not make them less true, but they are written to give us perspective. So to answer you question we really do not know. It can be read that way as you suggest, and it can be taken as a singular event.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2009 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think this can help. Again, its by Hugh Nibley on LDS.org

Read the third and fourth paragraphs especially.

Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jul, 2009 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Was Lucifer Involved The Creation This Earth

QUOTE (dbackers @ 27-Jul 09, 8:55 PM)
We at least know that Satan had some authority under God, though we do not know the extent of this authority.

Dear brother dbackers thank you for sharing that scripture.

In the great scheme of things the questions posted arent as important as to know Heavenly Father has given us this world for us to enjoy and take care of.

> TOPIC: Was Lucifer Involved In The Creation Of This Earth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,