Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission

Encourage Son Mormon Mission - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2012 - 10:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Mormon Mission Preparation Young Men can now be called at 18 to serve a full time mission for the Mormon Church. Is this way to young, have they gotten enough time to adjust to being a Melchizedek priesthood holder? Is the Mormon Church just looking to increae her
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2009 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Encourage My Son To Go On A Mission

Name: Dad

Comments: I want my son to go on a mission but he seems to be heading for a different path. I served and I want him to experience the joy of serving others but I don't know if I push the issue more if it will not make him run from it. Any tips you can give me will be welcomed.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Sep, 2009 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Mission Mormon On To Son Encourage

My suggestion is gently persuasion without nagging you know what am I saying? If you keep talking about it constantly and pressure him he wont go. Sometimes time is only what he needs.

3rd Sep, 2009 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

My brother in Christ, follow the Spirit. Let it to guide the words you want to say, be a good example, support him, love him.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2012 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Church lowers age requirement for missionary service

President Thomas S. Monson announced plans to lower the age requirement for missionary service during the 182nd Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday.

SALT LAKE CITY - In a move to expand the opportunities for young members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints... Ref. Source 5

7th Oct, 2012 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Interesting changes. I am not sure if I agree though. The first change indicates that young women are not expected to marry as young as they did in the old times (good move in a way) but young men serving at age 18? I really dislike this idea. This is a child coming out straight from high school. At least, the one year allowed some to get a job, save or even do a year college now they won't be able to.

If the Church thinks that by changing the age requirements we will see an increase of LDS missionaries going to serve, I think they're a little mistaken. There are very serious challenges specially with the economy that families face today and a mission is often times out of the question.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2012 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Change in missionary age inspired, life-changing

Declaring it to be an "Inspired decision," Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve said that the church's new policy regarding the minimum age of missionaries is aimed at "Accelerating our efforts to take the gospel to all the world." Ref. Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2012 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Encourage Son To On Mormon Mission

New mission policy impacts BYU sports recruiting in a big way

The new minimum age requirement of 18 for LDS missionary service will immediately impact college recruiting. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2012 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

Encourage Son To On Mormon Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies

Elder Nelson emphasized that the change is an option, not an edict:

"These age adjustments are new options now available to bishops in evaluating what is best for each of their youth," he said. He continued, "Young men and young women should not begin their service before they are ready spiritually and temporally." He stated that schooling, family circumstances, health, and so forth still remain important considerations for the timing of missionary service. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,