Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission - Page 2 of 4

Name: Michael Country: Title: Missionary Son - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Jan, 2013 - 10:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Mormon Mission Preparation Young Men can now be called at 18 to serve a full time mission for the Mormon Church. Is this way to young, have they gotten enough time to adjust to being a Melchizedek priesthood holder? Is the Mormon Church just looking to increae her
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2012 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission - Page 2

U., USU, BYU weighing impact of Mormon missionary policy change

USU is looking at strategies for dealing with recent changes to the age requirements for LDS missionaries. Ref. Source 3

Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission
Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
15th Oct, 2012 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Mission Mormon On To Son Encourage

I feel its inspirational because it keeps young men out of trouble. There is too much time to do the wrong thing between leaving high school and going on a mission which could be anywhere from a year or more.

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2012 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Young Men general president answers questions about new policy

Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve said prospective missionaries should not begin their service before they are ready spiritually and temporally. How can a young man approaching the age of 18 know he is ready to serve? Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2012 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mission Mormon On To Son Encourage

University of Utah admission deferral policy follows LDS mission decision

Students accepted to the U. Will now be able to defer the start of their schooling for up to seven semesters. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2013 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Mission Mormon On To Son Encourage

Response to Mormon Missionary Age Announcement Remains Enthusiastic and Unprecedented

Candace Richins was in the midst of her freshman season with Utah State University's women's volleyball team when the announcement came from Church President Thomas S. Monson: women can serve missions at age 19 and men at 18. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2013 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission

Name: Michael

Title: Missionary Son

Comments: Dad, I agree with RominaL. The Lord is he only one who really knows what will work and what won't. I have a son who chose not to serve a mission, and I feel that decision had an immensely negative impact on the rest of his life. Young men choosing not to serve missions somewhat difficult to understand. Did you ever see the movie, "The Best Two Years"? Did you ever wonder where the title came from? Probably not. So many missionaries return from their missions saying that their missions were the best two years of their lives that it has become proverbial. Why would any young man deliberately choose to forego the best two years of his life? It can only be that they don't understand what it is that they are missing out on, and there is no way to explain it to them in a way that they can understand. It's like trying to describe the taste of salt to someone who has never tasted salt. Those of us who have served missions know why people call them the best two years of the lives, but you have to experience it in order to understand it.

Dad, just a thought: you might consider suggesting to your son that he talk to all the return missionaries he knows and ask them if they are glad that they served missions and if so, why? Then he will have a basis upon which to make an intelligent decision. If he doesn't do that, then he will have no basis for making an intelligent decision, and he will never know what he is missing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2013 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Encourage Son To On Mormon Mission - Page 2

I believe in soft encouragement but at the end is the child's decision, after all it will be his/her two years (not the parent's). I understand the frustration by parents but I can think of many scenarios of why a young man or woman would choose not to serve a mission.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2013 - 10:00am / Post ID: #

Encourage Son To On Mormon Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Name: Michael

Title: Missionary Son

Comments:

international QUOTE
I can think of many scenarios of why a young man or woman would choose not to serve a mission.

So can I, and most of them are not valid.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Encourage My Son To Go On A Mormon Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,