Obama's Health Care Initiative - Page 3 of 4

I am not sure about the "better" - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Sep, 2009 - 8:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
12th Sep, 2009 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative - Page 3

Cute.

It makes someone like Wilson out to be part of the rough necks on the right incapable of reason.

Yeah, all the people on the right, the ones who don't want to pay more taxes to support a bloated bureaucracy that is guaranteed to create more waste, poorer health care for everyone, and taxpayer supported abortion are all "rough necks." And the union goons and ACORN thugs who beat up people and bit fingers are just calm, collected debaters.

Joe Wilson yelled out when the President stated that illegal aliens would not be covered by the proposed health care plan. However, as the President knew very well, not only does the plan cover illegal aliens in its present form, the Democrats have blocked every attempt to ensure that illegal aliens would not be covered.

So, the President knew that the plan covered illegal aliens, but stated that it does not. So, Joe Wilson told the truth, Obama lied. Pure and simple.

Can you dispute the facts, or are you just going to claim that anyone who disagrees is a "rough neck?"

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
13th Sep, 2009 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Initiative Care Health Obamas

Rep. Wilson is going to be dragged through the mud for the next 2 week news cycle to say the least. To think that he was the G. Gordon Liddy of yet another villainous plot by the right to shame the left, you have got to be kidding. This guy is at minimum is going to have to apologize not only to the President (which he apparently did through Emanuel) but his own colleagues in at least the House (if not a special session of both houses). So unless you really believe that Mr Steele and Co told Rep Wilson to fall on his sword, that is just emotions talking.

However, did Obama lie? Not technically. The plan does not cover illegal aliens. No where in the legislation will you find that illegal aliens are specifically provided for... Then again, you wont find anything in the bill that says illegal aliens are not covered and there are assurances to make sure that only legal residents are covered. So if I am thinking like Obama, then absolutely...this plan does not pay for illegal aliens to get health care. Does Obama know that there are no requirements to prove citizenship before you obtain the universal health care he is touting? Since this has specifically come up 2 times in legislation to only be shot down...I have to think he is aware of this fact. I have to liken this bit of selective reality to that of Bill Clinton having to dissect the meaning of the word IS.

All in all, this "Change" is so refreshing.

Yes...the legislation doesn't specifically provide for illegal aliens.
Yes...the legislation is laking in any procedures or requirements to ensure citizenship.
Yes...it is entirely possible as written that illegal aliens could get health care at tax payers expense because there is nothing in the legislation to prevent it.

So did he lie? Did he distort the truth? Was this at minimum deception? I got my opinion, but it sure feels like politics as normal in DC...not much "change" here.

I guess I need to become a Pimp and get some funding and financial advise from ACORN. Seems like they got their fingers on the carotid artery of the nation and $8billion in stimulous monies!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2009 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obama's Health Care Initiative History & Civil Business Politics

Protests over Obama health reform

Tens of thousands protest in the US against healthcare proposals as President Obama seeks to boost support for his plan. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2009 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Initiative Care Health Obamas

Joe Wilson Thread and action against him started here: Source 5

16th Sep, 2009 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

Initiative Care Health Obamas

Why must everything be an issue of something skin deep or on the surface if you oppose something? Of course we know that Jimmy Carter must always comment on everything:

Carter says Obama row is 'racist'

Former US President Jimmy Carter says much of the vitriol against President Barack Obama's health reform plans is "based on racism".  Ref. Source 1

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Sep, 2009 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative

Well, Jimmy Carter is an idiot.

Most of the opposition, in fact, nearly ALL of the opposition to the Democrat health care plans lie not in racism but in the very clear understanding that most Americans have that government interference will cause all sorts of problems with health care, and will especially reduce the quality and availability of health care.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2009 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative
A Friend

Obama's Health Care Initiative - Page 3

If I am reading this correctly, Nighthawk help me out. If I do not have health care the government will fine me $3,800 a year. If I have better health care than the government plan I will get fined until I switch? Some how I think this is a no win situation for hard working american workers. It has nothing at all to do with race.

16th Sep, 2009 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

I am not sure about the "better" health care portion. But yes, if you don't have a health care plan, you will be fined. So, if you are an 18 year old man in great health, you have to buy health insurance even if you don't need it.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Obama's Health Care Initiative

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,