Obama's Health Care Initiative - Page 2 of 4

Wilson said he did it spontaneously, I don't - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Sep, 2009 - 6:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2009 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative
A Friend

Obama's Health Care Initiative - Page 2

As more and more people realize that this is not a good thing he, president Obama, is once again going to try to push health care reform down our collective mouth.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2009 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Initiative Care Health Obamas

President Obama summoned Congress

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Obama summoned Congress to enact sweeping health care legislation Wednesday night, declaring the "time for bickering is over" and the moment has arrived to help millions who have insurance and many more without it. In a televised speech to a joint session of Congress, Obama spoke in favor of an option for the federal government to sell insurance in competition with private industry - probably the most contentious proposal currently being debated. But he said he was open to alternatives that create choices for consumers. Ref. USAToday

10th Sep, 2009 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative History & Civil Business Politics

I did not see the full speech Pres. Obama gave, but I did see enough to notice that he was shouted out by some Republicans especially on the point of illegal immigration. He looked pretty emotional, what are your thoughts about what he said?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2009 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Initiative Care Health Obamas

You could see this coming from a mile away. Obama was very keen to stay away from the pitfalls that Hillary experienced with her ill-fated bid at healthcare reform. Basically, he didnt want to be the author. But unless he was deluded enough to think that it would be easier for the 100 Senators and 435 Representatives to come to a majority agreement, I really am questioning his leadership. Even in this speech we have very little...if not absolutely no detail on a plan or the plan he wants to see ram-rodded through congress. The interesting thing to me is that he was trying to use his popularity to push it through, but wouldnt tell congress what he wanted to see. He is continually straddling the fence but very definite that we need what he cannot express. He seems so set on staying away from outlining what he woud like to see due to what I can only imagine as not wanting to have his named directly tied to it if it fails.

The ultimate in hippocracy has been the skirting of a tort reform in any healthcare reform. Talk to any doctor and you will find the countless unneeded test they perform is specifically do to lawsuits.

He tells congress to quit bickering. Congress should tell him to speak up or shut up, if he is not willing to have a plan of his own or line out what he would like to see in a plan. Will this guy ever start to be a President and not a guy campaigning for the job?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

12th Sep, 2009 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Initiative Care Health Obamas

I did not listen to the President's speech. I cannot stand to listen to any politician, not even the ones I like. However, I do try to pay some attention to the discussion about it the next day.

So, here is some response to the points he tried to make.

House Republicans on Thursday issued ten "common-sense" questions arising from President Barack Obama's Wednesday-night speech plugging health care reform.

The questions - and the words that prompted them - appear here verbatim:

President Barack Obama: "Our collective failure to meet this challenge - year after year, decade after decade - has led us to the breaking point."
Common Sense Question:  If we are at the "breaking point," then why doesn't your government-run insurance plan start until 2013?Source.

The ten questions are very clear, and need good answers. They clearly show that President Obama is not telling the truth about a lot of things concerning this health care proposal.

"Mr. Obama didn't lie.  The bills before Congress declare illegal immigrants to be inelligibile for subsidized benefits.  It is impossible to imagine any final bill doing otherwise.. Mr. Wilson was a boor, but some Republicans still insist that he was right because the bill doesn't ensure that the undcocumented have no insurance.  Time for a reality check."

So editorialized the New York Times on Friday, September 11th. 

As the furor continues over the cry of "You lie!" by Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) during President Obama's address on health care on Wednesday (September 9), the national media omits two important details:  1) that a non-partisan study earlier this year backed up Wilson's conclusion hat the Obama health care measure (H.R. 3200) does, in fact, cover  illegal immigrants, and 2) that Wilson was correct when he told HUMAN EVENTS a day after his outburst that Republican attempts to amend the measure to deny benefits for illegal immigrants were thwarted in two key House committees.Source.

Joe Wilson was right when he exclaimed that the President lied in his speech. He lied about illegal aliens, abortion, deficit spending, the costs involved in the plan, how Congress will pay for it, and how it will affect the people and economy of the United States. What is more, the proof of his lies come from either Democratic or nonpartisan sources. What is it going to take to bury this monstrosity?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

12th Sep, 2009 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative

QUOTE (Nighthawk)

Joe Wilson was right when he exclaimed that the President lied in his speech.

John McCain claimed he was very disrespectful to do that in the middle of Pres. Obama's speech. The Republicans also insisted he apologized which he did in a call to the White House. I think the USA is not used to the British parliamentary system where shouts like that are done all the time.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Sep, 2009 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative - Page 2

I can see how many would consider it disrespectful and out of place. However, Obama was publicly claiming, in his speech, that Republicans and conservatives are lying about the health care plan.

Joe Wilson probably should not have yelled out during the speech. But it sure got people talking about the details, didn't it? As usual, the liberals and the media cannot argue the content of Mr. Wilson's comment, so do everything possible to discredit the source.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

12th Sep, 2009 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Obama's Health Care Initiative Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Wilson said he did it spontaneously, I don't believe him. Ironically if he really meant to do it in that manner it will also make him a liar, the same thing he accuses the President of doing. I also do not see how this will really help anything. It makes someone like Wilson out to be part of the rough necks on the right incapable of reason.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 26 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.6%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Obama's Health Care Initiative

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,