Michael Raghunanan

Michael Raghunanan - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 24th Sep, 2010 - 11:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

New holder of the Miss TT/World franchise
6th Aug, 2009 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Michael Raghunanan

A new fashion designer is the new holder of the Miss Trinidad and Tobago/World franchise. The Miss TT/Universe still has no holder.

FASHION designer Michael Raghunanan is the new holder of the Miss TT/World beauty pageant franchise. Raghunanan who operates Michael's Vogue Designs is a member of the Fashion Entrepreneurs of Trinidad and Tobago (FETT) group and his designs were featured at the 2009 TT Fashion Week and the 2009 Caribbean Fashion Week.

Speaking on the franchise, Raghunanan said, "This is not a money-making venture. If anything, it comes down to pulling out of my own pocket at times. But I"m doing this for the love of my country."

In the coming months, Raghunanan plans to stage a national beauty pageant to select a delegate for the Miss World pageant which will be held in December in Johannesburgh, South Africa. The Miss TT World Pageant has suffered from inconsistent and inadequate funding in recent years. A lack of Government support and corporate sponsorship has resulted in dwindling interest in the pageant. Raghunanan estimates that approximately $150,000 will cover the cost of preparing and styling a delegate.

Raghunanan said he was motivated by the Culture Minister's vow to cover 80 percent of the cost to send a delegate to the Miss World pageant. "I sense that the Minister is a woman of integrity and honour so I am expecting her full support," he said..

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2009 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Raghunanan Michael

Well it's good to know that there are people out there who love their country and will do anything in their power to provide support. Michael seems to have invested a lot of faith in the Minister of Culture. I only hope that Michael had a long conversation with Peter Elias before committing to this new venture!

19th Aug, 2009 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Michael Raghunanan Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Maybe a new face on the scene will bring something better to way the contestants are handled but it sounds like a shaky start.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2010 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Raghunanan Michael

Name: Hotmouth

Comments: You all need to get real in this franchise thing and deliver on a professional basis what the delegates require to become successful at their shows.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

> TOPIC: Michael Raghunanan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,