Mormon Snitch Or Informer

Mormon Snitch Informer - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Jan, 2009 - 3:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
8th Jan, 2009 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

You see someone doing something bad enough that they would need counsel from the Bishop. The member isn't doing anything about it. Should you go to the Bishop and let him know or in other words be a snitch?

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2009 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Informer Snitch Mormon

That is not your responsibility. If its against the law, report it to the authorities, but otherwise it is none of your business, and you should leave it at that.

Confession is the responsibility of the sinner, and when they are ready they will go to the bishop.

8th Jan, 2009 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Or Informer Studies Doctrine Mormon

What if the person is in a calling and they aren't saying anything. Suppose they're like the Relief Society president or something like that.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2009 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Informer Snitch Mormon

I reckon you should just pray for the person with the calling. I know Heavenly Father see's everything and is aware of whats happening and if its really that serious, He will let the Bishop know in his own way. But I strongly believe the sinner should be given the opportunity to confess with out being compelled. That's such an important growing experience on Earth that the sinner shouldn't be robbed of.

24th Jan, 2009 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Informer Snitch Mormon

We have a responsibility, that if we know someone is engaged in serious sin, to bring it up to our priesthood leaders. However, that is the end of it.

Examples include adultery, drug abuse, child/spouse abuse, etc. There is a list in the Handbook of Instructions of "When a Discipline Council is Mandatory." The list includes apostasy, serious transgression while holding a prominent church position, and pattern of serious transgression (among others).

25th Jan, 2009 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Is it our responsibility or the responsibility of the priesthood leaders. If you're getting that info from a priesthood leader's handbook then its for the preisthood leaders to do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jan, 2009 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Informer

Well, I am a counselor in the bishopric.

However, I think it is our responsibility to report particularly egregious and/or long-standing sins. If they warrant reporting to law-enforcement, then we should do that first (such as child abuse).

I am not talking about running to tell the bishop when you see someone entering a bar or buying some tobacco. Nor am I talking about reporting that someone is obviously not paying a full tithe, or habitually drives over the speed limit. It is only the very bad, destructive behavior.

26th Jan, 2009 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Mormon Snitch Informer Mormon Doctrine Studies

I completely agree with Nighthawk, personally I cannot and will not make a blind eye in a situation such as child or spouse abuse, I will report it immediately to local authorities AND Church authorities.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon Snitch Or Informer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,