Cruel to Be Kind? - Page 2 of 3

Name: RoniousGirl Country: Comments: The way - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Sep, 2010 - 11:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Cruel to Be Kind?
A Friend

Cruel to Be Kind? - Page 2

Cruel to be kind is something all journalists use. It's their job to tell the truth. It's a doctor's job to tell you that your relative or friend may not live to see morning. Sometimes you'd rather hear the truth than a lie. As Denis Leary once said, "Life's tough, get a helmet."

Reconcile Edited: jaded110 on 5th Jul, 2004 - 10:08pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2005 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Cruel to Be Kind?
A Friend

Kind to Cruel

I agree with a lot of the thoughts already posted on this topic. I think it's better to know the full truth in most cases than to be told little white lies to try to "soften it up a bit". "That outfit makes you look like a whore" or "That dress makes you look pregnant" might be difficult to hear at first from your best friend, but its a lot better than showing up at a job interview or meeting your significant other's parents for the first time and having an Interesting first impression. It's better to say, "I'm sorry, but this relationship just isn't working." than to continue on in a relationship that your heart just isn't in anymore. I think it's better to be honest about important things, than to sugar coat the truth. Maybe it's not always good to be too blunt about it, but I'm for honesty.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2005 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Cruel to Be Kind?
A Friend

Cruel to Be Kind? Health & Special Psychology

I agree a lot of what has been said about the truth being painful. Sometimes we have to be more blunt with people than they prefer, and that's where they they claim being cruel. I do agree, though, that there is a way to be assertive with the truth without being outright rude and harsh about it. Tone, expression, and body language have a lot to do with how a person interprets what we might be saying to them.

I believe that deep down, people don't want to be babied and have everything sugar coated with them. It's a defensive mechanism to be angry and upset when somebody is blatantly honest with us when we may not necessarily want them to be.

6th Dec, 2005 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Kind to Cruel

No, there is something called "Let them down easy," laugh.gif you just don't use force, or it antagonizes the other person.

30th Apr, 2006 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Kind to Cruel

I experienced this today. I had to be somehow "cruel" with someone to get the point. I did not call names or insult or anything but I gave a serious and matter of fact answer, since the person was not getting the point at all. Finally it seems like the person did it but I will know for sure when I see the person again.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2009 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Cruel to Be Kind?

Name: Joe

Comments: That phrase isn't always applicable to everyone because not all people has the capacity to accept harsh words. We can carefully choose right words but if he/she will be in the cliff of embarrassment.., harsh words is necessary.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2009 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Cruel to Kind - Page 2

I don't think there is a "need" to be cruel if the person doesn't get it. I don't know maybe I'm old school but I believe in politeness in every situation.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Cruel to Kind Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Name: RoniousGirl

Comments: The way I interpret "You have to be cruel to be kind" is that you have to do or say something to make someone never want to see you again for their own safety or situation that they are in that isn't ideal, or good for them.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Cruel to Be Kind?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,