SMF 530 Login Authentication Failed

Smf 530 Login Authentication Failed - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 19th Aug, 2009 - 11:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Simple Machines
17th Aug, 2009 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

SMF 530 Login Authentication Failed

SMF 530 Login authentication failed

This was posted under an account we have in SMF, but I thougt I would post it here too:

QUOTE (Looking)
Trying to get file permissions changed in Admin gives this constant error. Trying to install any packages also gives this error:

Before you give any tips, look at what I have done already carefully:

- Via command chown directory to ensure all files had correct ownership
- All FTP info in all fields is correct
- All paths / urls are correct
- Tried adding temp to packages with 777
- Tried reloading Source and Template files
- Manually gave all files write permission
- Yes host works well with SMF and install / write permission
- it has many other SMF forums on it

I have corrected this error for many others before but it seems I have hit a sticking point on a site I'm working on. What I do notice is (and this is just an assumption) tinyportal may have something to do with this. I installed it on a clean site and everything was well, then when I uninstalled I started noticing these errors. I do not know why but if I try to install any other mod or adjust permissions I get this error, but if I try to install tiny portal back there are no problems - strange. No, I do not want to do any manual installs that defeats the purpose of ease of use. Any ideas before I have to do a full install again? Thanks.

By the way, those of you who experience the 530 Login authentication failed message a lot should try the things I put in bold first, they USUALLY work, just not in this case.

Sponsored Links:
19th Aug, 2009 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Failed Authentication Login SMF

Update to this: It seems the problem centers around Cpanel. When you create an Addon domain, Cpanel offers you a password, if you accept this password the system does not save it properly. You have to reset the password and then it is fine. I have tried this a couple of times and it is true. I'm unsure if this is a conflict of Cpanel themes or not but if you have tried everything as I did above and still get login errors try changing your password via Cpanel to fix the problem.

> TOPIC: SMF 530 Login Authentication Failed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,