Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 8 of 35

I have a few gay friends and I don't - Page 8 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Apr, 2005 - 1:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       30.88%
  Their Choice       39.71%
  A bit of both       29.41%
Total Votes: 68
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
23rd Nov, 2004 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 8

Some are probably born with same sex attraction

I don't totally agree with this statement, I am not going into the religious thing wink.gif but I do think that some from very early age are attracted to people of their same sex but I don't think they born with this attraction. Something must have happened from early age that made them feel the way they do, I don't think this is a 'suddenly' thing or 'I born' this way, I believe ALL children and adults give 'signs' before they actually realise that they feel attracted to their same sex but most of the time, those signs are being ignored and when it was the proper time to be corrected, it was let to 'grow' and lead to other things.

I have seen both sides. I know of a neighboor in Argentina who had a son who had some homosexual tendencies, the mother was a very caring one and took him to a psychologist, right now the guy is a big man and have a wonderful life. Now, don't take me wrong. I'm not saying it works for EVERYONE and I'm not saying that gays cannot have a wonderful life. I'm just stating that if those signs are being taking into consideration from the parents, then the whole story may be very different...or may be not.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2004 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I think that how you raise your child may affect their way of thinking and feeling. So if your parents wanted a girl or a boy (but you are the opposite they wanted) they may raise you (not intentionally just by their hidden wish) a bit different then you would be raised otherwise so that you gain more interest in other sex. I don't really know if this is true or false but its just another speculation like many.

23rd Nov, 2004 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

So if your parents wanted a girl or a boy (but you are the opposite they wanted) they may raise you (not intentionally just by their hidden wish) a bit different then you would be raised otherwise so that you gain more interest in other sex.

I don't think this is likely to cause homosexuality. I think there are things that can happen to you which might cause this, but I don't think it matters if you are raised boyish or girlish. I joke, often, that I was my father's only son. I was definately a tomboy. Played sports at a time when it wasn't popular for girls to do so. Loved to go fishing with my father. I built tree forts, etc. However, when I matured, I didn't find myself attracted to women. If I had been molested as a child that might orient me in that direction, I don't know. However, I don't think the fact that my father wanted a son and so in many ways treated me like a son did anything other than make me tomboyish. I am definately still heterosexual.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2004 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I'm not gay, but I do think that homo sexuality is both a natural and genetic trait. There is well documented evidence that homosexuality exists between species. A scientist named Dr. Simon LeVay found a cluster of neurons in the brain that is larger for women and homosexual men then strait men. On a scale, a larger cluster means attraction towards women. An average cluster can indicate Bisexuality or can be shaped by society towards either strait or gay. I find it amusing that when this scientist presented his idea to the international community, it was the gay community that was unhappy with this finding. If anybody understand why, I'd would like to know smile.gif
Merry Christmas

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2005 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I think people can most definitely be born gay. People have hormonal imbalances all the time, surely a man can wind up with too much estrogen or vise versa. I know a guy that has been gay since we were really young. He didn't come out until High School, but everyone knew he was gay when we were little.

I think however that a person's sexual preference(gay or straight) mainly relies on their first sexual experiences. Like the brain is being imprinted with, this is how it should be done and who with. Not to say that a person who has a homosexual past (as a child or teen) can not wind up being straight in the long run. Let me put it this way, have any of you ever heard of Taste-Aversion learning? If something makes you physical sick when you eat it, you will most likely never eat that thing again. (I still can't eat Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.) If one time with food can cause such a change, why can't one time with sex?

I disagree with the approach to Gay Pride Day too. I'm not a gay person myself, but I have seen the ridicule and hatred extended toward them. I mean, no one tried to kill me for being straight, but people have died in the past just because they were homosexual or acted homosexually. To me, Gay Pride Day is just like MLK's holiday. It's a day for those people to stand up proudly and say that they no longer have to hide in the shadows, fearing for their lives. Where I live african Americans are the majority and whites are the minority, but fifty years ago a few white people could take guns and go hang a black person with no consequences. I'm proud to say that such things are now a rarity. I'm not going to deny these people their pride after such a valiant struggle for acceptance, why should we do any different for the gay people?

JMiss

18th Apr, 2005 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Student said:

A scientist named Dr. Simon LeVay found a cluster of neurons in the brain that is larger for women and homosexual men then strait men.

Here's a very interesting study performed at UC Berkeley in 1999. It was brought to my attention on a radio talk show this morning that I heard while driving, so when I got home I thought I would look it up on the 'net. Here it is, or what I believe is the basis for the program that I heard. I've also contacted the radio station for a transcript to find out specifically what study the man was presenting. If this is not the same study, I'll update in this thread as soon as I hear. Meanwhile, it's interesting reading.

https://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/release.../6-21-1999.html

The way the radio person interpreted this is, that the cause of changes in the brain were a direct result of environmental stimuli -- not born with it, not genetic, but environmental. The study was performed on rats, whose systems are similar to humans.

I don't recall this ever making headlines.

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Apr, 2005 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 8

So, this article seems to be suggesting that homosexuality could be the result of a hormonal imbalance. Next question is...do you treat it or would that be too insulting to the Gay community. I can imagine that some would consider this an insult to them to suggest it is a medical disorder that can be treated. This would likely be viewed as a step backwards in the progress they have made for acceptance.

This view isn't limited to this issue either. Many in the deaf community oppose cochlear implants because it will eliminate the deaf culture.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2005 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 8

I have a few gay friends and I don't care what they do. I think that a person can be born gay and become gay later in life. Some people want to be different and I could actually see someone convincing themselves that they are gay for this reason. If this is possible, I believe that these people would make up only a small percentage of the population however.
Even if being gay has something to do with hormones, I don't see any reason to call the new hormonal make up an "imbalance." I just don't think that being gay is unnatural- My guess is that it seems perfectly natural to them. My gay friends seem to function just fine in society, are nice enough, and do not require any modification in my opinion.
On the point of gay pride marches I can't say for certian what their reasons for giving it is, but this is what I think.-- I know alot of my straight friends that say something to the equivalent of "I don't care if people are gay as long as they are not gay in front of me." That is to say that the sight of two men kissing is uncomfortable to them (I admit it is uncomfortable to me as well, but I feel that I am being irrational and that I will get over it). The point being that I think most people just wish the whole gay "problem" would just go away. That gay people would just do their thing and they would never have to know about it. The point of Gay Pride, as I see it, is to show people that they are not just going to "go away" and that it is unfair to expect them to hide who they are.
-Unferth

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,