Afraid of your Doctor or Dentist? - Page 2 of 2

I'm more afraid of a doctor than a - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jun, 2006 - 12:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
16th Jul, 2003 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Afraid of your Doctor or Dentist? - Page 2

Well, I'm thinking in putting braces on my teeth, I have two teeth I'm not very happy about but I kind of afraid of the dentist and putting that metal on my teeth, not to mention the painnnnnn!!!!!!! sad.gif :smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2003 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Afraid of your Doctor or Dentist?
A Friend

Dentist Doctor your Afraid

I had a friend that had braces when she was in school.  She said that it hurt everytime they tightened them.  She said sometimes it would be days before her jaws and teeth would quit hurting.  But keep in mind this was back years ago.  I'm sure that they've changed some of ways they tighten them.

17th May, 2006 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Afraid of your Doctor or Dentist? Health & Special Psychology

I really hate going to see the dentist, if it's for a check up then that's ok., but if I know it's for treatment, I really suffer with nerves then.
This goes back to when I was little, I had to go to a dentist that would just drill straight into my teeth, without numbing any of the pain out. She would also drill a hole 'ready for next time', and hey presto, next time I would go, I would 'magically' need a filling in the place where last time she drilled!
My Mum would never believe that the dentist would do this, and the dentist wouldn't allow a parent into the room whilst she was seeing us, so I had to suffer until I was old enough to take myself off to a dentist of my choice. in between that, I had to have a brace for 5 years, so the dentist really isn't my favorite place laugh.gif

In all fairness, the dentist that I see now, has so much patience, and he talks me through everything first, so there is no nasty shock in store!

Compared to the dentists visit, I don't mind see in my doctor, and have full trust, which in my opinion makes all the difference.

Post Date: 18th May, 2006 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Dentist Doctor your Afraid

I don't necessarily fear going to the dentist because, at the moment especially, I look at having the ability to go as a blessing. I went so many years without any kind of dental care because my parents could not afford it, and because of that, I had to have so much work done within the last five months. I was nervous about my first root canal, but I had it scheduled so early in the morning that I was too exhausted to focus on my nerves much. When I made it through and realized it wasn't that bad, then I wasn't really worried next time.

I am kind of worried about the idea of a doctor visit simply because it's been so long as well. It's not so much the fear of it being unlpeasant, but the fear of them finding something. I need to go, but I have no health insurance because I cannot afford it, which also means that I can't really go to a doctor because I can't afford it.

Post Date: 30th May, 2006 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dentist Doctor your Afraid

I know I should go to the dentist but I don't like the big needle so I choose not to go but sooner than later I will have no choice to go but for now I'm not going until I really have to you can say I'm a chicken.

Message Edited!
I do not know how many times I have to say to please use the Spell Check. It's getting out of hand to be editing your posts!

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 30th May, 2006 - 11:40pm

1st Jun, 2006 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

In looking over this Thread in reminded me of my wisdom tooth experience more than a year ago that you can read in my Blog (some of you will remember reading that, especially the part about the dentist's hands shaking). However, in thinking about it, I believe I am more afraid of the Doctor or Dentist's bill more than anything else!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jun, 2006 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Afraid your Doctor Dentist - Page 2

I'm more afraid of a doctor than a dentist. I hate doctors for a couple reasons; I hate needles and I don't have health insurance, so it's going to cost me an arm and a leg for the bills. I don't mind dentists at all, even with the needle they use for novacaine.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Afraid of your Doctor or Dentist?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,