Inglourious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 24th Jan, 2010 - 8:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2009 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Inglourious Basterds

Real Basterd of a name

Quentin Tarantino isn't saying why he spelled the title of his World War 2 adventure, Inglourious Basterds, the way he did. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
30th Nov, 2009 - 7:27am / Post ID: #

Basterds Inglourious

You either like Tarantino or you dont like him at all. There really arent many with a middle of the road view of the director/movie maker. I really like his dialog in movies (Resivour Dogs, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Til Dawn and Kill Bill). I actually enjoy how he pieces the movie together (most of the time in a non-chronological fashion). Inglorious Basterds is no different.

Pitts does a fine job as Aldo Raines. The accent is a riot as well as his command of Italian. Could anyone actually be like this...no. He puts together a team of commandos to kill a lot of nazi's. Fun, killing and hijinks ensue.

The opening scene feels like it is out of THe Good, The Bad and The Ugly, but in a farmhouse instead. The recruiting scene feels like the Dirty Dozen. Historians are not going to like that it didnt hold true to any parts of reality other than Germany, England, France, Italy and America were in a war once upon a time. However, the performances are worth watching.

Christopher Waltz plays the German Inspector in search of Jews in France and his ability to slip in and out of English, French, German and a bit of Italian with a weasely feel in every language was awesome. He also reminded me of Tim Roth, who Tarantino uses quite often. Even though there was a lot of foriegn language in the movie, I actually didnt mind it. It felt like it belonged.

I dont think it was his best work, but it was worth watching and even at 2.5 hours I was not already counting how many scenes didnt need to be there. Not for historians, has gratuitous violence and some foul language.

30th Nov, 2009 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Inglourious Basterds Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I liked the action parts in this movie but Brad Pitt with that accent was terrible. Vincezo I can't belive you like actually thought him with that Italian nonsense was entertaining. They made the bastards look really foolish in that scene. I doubt anyone with that much training would fall for a trap like that. No one likes the Nazis but like come on the Nazis were very smart, um... Where do all the last century's scientific discoveries come from... Germans.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2010 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Basterds Inglourious

Tarantino film clinches US awards

Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds wins its biggest award after taking the top prize at the Screen Actors Guild awards. Ref. Source 7

24th Jan, 2010 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Basterds Inglourious

As I said immediately after commenting on his command of italian being a riot, I noted that no one could be like this. It was funny...as it was intended to be. If I were to have a beef with the picture, it would probably have to be with Eli Roth being cast as "The Bear Jew". I mean if this guy is supposed to strike fear into the hearts of all Nazi's, I would think that his voice should sound like he actually passed through puberty.

24th Jan, 2010 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Inglourious Basterds

The fact that he says he does not want to explain why he named it such. It reminds me of a Charlie Chaplin interview were he said, (and this is not an exact quote, I don't remember exactly what he said) "If you want to understand who I am, watch my films." It seems he is trying to say, watch the movie if you want to know why it is called Inglorious Bastards. I'm not going to unravel that onion right now it would take to long and loose the meaning in its explanation.

Though from the previews of the movie I was expecting something completely different. More story about the Americans killing the Nazis. I wasn't disappointed by the movie, I enjoyed it.

Personally to me it was about the cold brutality of war. How those main characters were different people than civilians. There morals were no better than the ones they fought. The only thing separating them was what they were fighting for.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2010 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Inglourious Basterds

I don't know, I saw it and it was mediocre. Entertaining in some aspects, but somewhat confusing when the Nazis had them, as to who had what and who was where, etc. The violence was, even if accurate, fairly excessive on an individual level, even for a "war movie". The level of suspense was pretty good, the disillusioned Nazi Captain or whatever was a strange mix of loathsome because of his history and general ethics, and somewhat vaguely likable because of his willingness to not support his government - though how much of that was out of any sort of moral fiber is a mystery. The end scene was kinda out of nowhere and left me thinking, "Wait a minute - I'm almost sure that didn't happen." So it was a strange alternate-reality ending, I'm sure Tarantino thought it was a genius shocking plot twist and approach to film making, but struck me as pretentiously self-serving as most of his and other directors' ideas.

As far as spelling, the thing that occurs to me offhand is that really is how someone spelled it in its formative phases, or maybe how Brad Pitt's character spelled it, etc. I can't see it really mattering all that much - maybe Tarantino spelled it like that on his own, accidentally, when submitting it. Who knows.

> TOPIC: Inglourious Basterds

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,