What Would You Do In This Situation? - Page 3 of 4

I wouldn't say anything. I know it - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Jun, 2010 - 6:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2010 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

What Would You Do In This Situation? - Page 3

Name: Stew

Comments: Experienced missionaries can handle those questions easily. It's all about knowing what to say and when to say it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2010 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

What Would You Do In This Situation?
A Friend

Situation In You What

Yes, experienced missionaries can handle those questions easily and President Hincley was once a missionary that's why he didn't answer that question because it's in a wrong timing to say it and he had been wise.

12th Jun, 2010 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

What Would You Do In This Situation? Studies Doctrine Mormon

President Hinckley was a very wise and caring man. Whoever criticizes him for the way he handled questions don't know much about his sweet spirit. He tried his very best.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2010 - 7:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Situation In You What

What a great comment, Rominal! We should not criticize President Hincley, and that he'd just tried to get away from arguments. Saying all the deep doctrines by broadcast is not wise.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Situation In You What

Name: Lehi

Comments: The way I talk about the church is usually based on what questions I'm being asked. If someone just generally wants to know what my beliefs are I tell them. If they start out about Joe Smith and all his wives then I know they're looking for a fight so I just don't entertain it.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well, JoePublic, that's a great idea, I also don't entertain those who ask Joseph Smith's wives if they have a bad intention. But if it's not, and if they're just curious, well, I'll tell them a little bit and refer them to our full-time missionaries.
It happened last month when my Aunt's husband told me he had attended our church service once but he asked me about Joseph Smith's wives and when I sensed that he's just asking without bad motive-I told me him the story and then he liked my explanation, he just smiled and left into thinking. That was a nice experience for me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jun, 2010 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

What You In Situation - Page 3

The church generally doesn't like going into those areas because I'd say 99% of the members don't really know the history behind the early church and these practices.

16th Jun, 2010 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

What You In Situation Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

I wouldn't say anything. I know it is important to share the truth of your beliefs but at the same time, they might not understand. Maybe these guys are not the best people to make good friends with if they can't understand you. However sometimes its best to just stay quite about certain things. I don't think it is such a horrible thing to stay quite about certain beliefs or laws you follow. They are your friends not religious comrades. They just get you on a different level. I think you could be friends with them and not be so critical on the religion stuff. However if they start trying to get you to do things that are against your beliefs I would speak up, or get out of that situation.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: What Would You Do In This Situation?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,