Career Choices Impact Family Life

Career Choices Impact Family Life - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Nov, 2009 - 5:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2009 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine / Teachings

?Each of you has the agency to prayerfully and humbly choose how to approach your career opportunities. Every choice has a consequence. You cannot have everything and do everything. You must choose with eternal priorities in mind. I would hope that you will understand that there are no glamorous careers. Every form of employment has its own innate challenges. Many choices available in the world today compete with eternal goals and responsibilities. Many choices could persuade you to delay or limit the number of children you invite into your family. Many choices could rob you of critical time and energy necessary to adequately care for your spouse, your children, and your responsibilities in the Lord?s kingdom. These decisions are between you and the Lord. He knows the desires of your heart and your unique situation.?

Julie B. Beck, ?Unlocking the Door to the Blessings of Abraham,? CES Fireside for Young Adults, Mar. 2, 2008

Topics: Family

Source: Family Gems

Sponsored Links:
6th Nov, 2009 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Life Family Impact Choices Career

This is VERY important folks. I had a lack of guidance growing up and just fitted into a career. Focus on your books. As a teenager I was in too many callings that took up an immense amount of time - almost to the point of full-time (out with missionaries from 9am to 9pm when they had no companion, working with young men, etc.), no I am not joking and I do regret it now because there was no one to say - you know what JB, you need to do less of this to do and more studying because it will be better for you and your future family in the long run.

> TOPIC: Career Choices Impact Family Life

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,