Are You A Gullible Mormon? - Page 2 of 2

This is quite accurate. When I mentioned a - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Apr, 2011 - 7:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
11th Jun, 2010 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Are You A Gullible Mormon? - Page 2

international QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 7-Oct 09, 1:16 PM)
Just noting that some people become so submissive that they don't ask questions when they should, because they have been taught to submit too much to authority other than God.

Sometimes the questions are asked but the reply you get is far from acceptable you know what am I saying? Sometime ago my new S. President came to my ward so I took the opportunity to shake his hand and asked him two questions one was about prayer circle and the other one about blood atonement. I cant describe with words the look he gave me...almost like if I was asking him to join me in plural marriage. It was nuts...he then proceed to tell me he doesnt know what I'm talking about.

rolleyes.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Gullible You Are

Name: Nick

Comments: CutieCTR, Listen to Night Hawk and understand what he is saying.

To place blind trust in ANY man, especially our leaders who hold such an important position over us, is to set yourself up as being the potential of being the Pide Piper's victim.

Very closely read & study what we have been taught and measure that against the scriptures as our standard of truth.

That way you will know WHAT it is you should be praying about for conformation of the truth.

If you assume that everything is truth without measuring that against the standards God has given us to know what is truth, then you are relying on the arm of flesh in every case and could be making false assumptions. And that can be a dangerous thing to do.

Listen carefully to what all people say and measure it against the scriptures and then pray about it. You may be surprised at the new answers you receive.

The Lord said our only real protection against being deceived is to know the Doctrines of the Gospel. Having the spirit will only help you in as much as you are willing to help yourself. He isn't going to do all the scripture leg work for you. That is something we have been commanded to do for ourselves.

And by your response, it becomes quite evident that you have not done enough homework. Good Blessings of truth be upon you as you work at it. Search the truth, don't assume that what you hear is truth. Find it out for yourself in the scriptures and then on your knees.

Night Hawk points out a very real truth when it comes to conditioning. It can be a very hard thing to overcome. Especially being able to even admit that it exists within us. I struggled for three long years with the Lord having to prod me every step of the way, for me to begin accepting truth on a deeper level of reality.

It holds me to a higher level of accountability that is not always easy to deal with. But it's worth braving the truth rather than sliding into a comfortable position of blind trust in our fellow man and eventually finding ourselves awash in worldly antipathy.

Now that I've matured beyond the fear of man, I feel a much closer connection to Heavenly Father & my Savior.

The Lord knows what he is doing and we should always trust Him, before we place blind trust in any man. Listen to Night Hawk and others who have commented here.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting check your spelling. Join the Community to have access to a Spell Checker

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2011 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are You A Gullible Mormon? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Those who identify with Christian beliefs less likely to believe in the paranormal

Mormons don't escape either. "The Book of Mormon Musical," now on Broadway, according to Entertainment Weekly's "Pop Watch" blog, presents Mormons as gullible. Ref. Source 1

18th Apr, 2011 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mormon Gullible You Are

This is quite accurate. When I mentioned a couple of people of my revelation (close relatives) they looked at me as if I was crazy and then quickly dismissed it. This isn't the first time I noticed that though, it seems like members don't believe on the supernatural anymore, they did at one time though.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are You A Gullible Mormon?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,