The Law Of The Gospel

The Law Gospel - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jul, 2012 - 5:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2009 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

The Law Of The Gospel
A Friend

The Law Of The Gospel

I'm posting this here because my question touches on something which is dealt with in the Temple.

We know that certain laws are emphasized in the Temple - I'm not going to name them all now. But as I was thinking here the other day it struck me that I had not thought about the meaning behind one of them before. I'm thinking about the law of the gospel. Note that it is mentioned in singular. Temple visitors should be familiar with the term. However, I do not find the exact same phrase in the scriptures even though they are said to contain it.

Sponsored Links:
8th Sep, 2009 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Gospel The Law The

Actually, 3 Nephi 27 does contain the exact definition of the Gospel. The Law of the Gospel is our part of the covenant.

Quick summary:
- Jesus did the will of the Father
- Jesus was lifted up that all men might be lifted up
- Faith in Jesus Christ
- Repentance
- Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins
- The Gift of the Holy Ghost
- Jesus Christ to judge mankind
- Jesus Christ to enable the resurrection of mankind

8th Mar, 2010 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

The Law Of The Gospel Studies Doctrine Mormon

Does Nighthawk's Reply answer your question about The Law Of The Gospel or were you looking to find out something in particular? I ask because you did not really ask a question.

4th Jul, 2012 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Gospel The Law The

This is very interesting and I'm wondering too if Nighthawk provided the answer that Joheri was looking for because I was thinking of something similar as well.

> TOPIC: The Law Of The Gospel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,