Patriarchal Blessing Scripture - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Ronan @ 8-Oct 09, 6:16 PM) OK if you - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2009 - 7:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2009 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Patriarchal Blessing Scripture
A Friend

Patriarchal Blessing Scripture - Page 2

OK if you want to get technical, I believe scripture is the words of the Prophets (all 15 of them and not the president of the priesthood since they are all called and sustained and such), speaking it that official role, once it is written down becomes non-cannon scripture.

As for masses I should have said, a group, in context where the message benefits the people as a whole, not just an individual an/or was intended to be private.

This is where a lot of people get confused. Is the context of the message. If a prophet (or apostle if you like) were to say " I think the Nephites were in Central America" to a couple people in casual conversation, some would take it as scripture. That is not the case, only when they are speaking withing their calling and stewardship.

It really comes down to what you think. There is the dictionary definition and there is what each person believes what the definition of scripture is. Above is what I feel is what I feel is the right definition for me and my family.

If you feel every every personal revelation for you is scripture, then that's what is good for you and your family.

Sponsored Links:
8th Oct, 2009 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Scripture Blessing Patriarchal

international QUOTE (Ronan @ 8-Oct 09, 6:16 PM)
OK if you want to get technical, I believe scripture is the words of the Prophets (all 15 of them and not the president of the priesthood since they are all called and sustained and such), speaking it that official role, once it is written down becomes non-cannon scripture.

I agree completely with your concept. Often times members think they can pick and choose whatever they want to believe from the mouth of our Prophet and Apostles when in fact, the words spoken by them in an official capacity it's scripture. I believe Patriarchal Blessings to be personal revelation but I would not classify it a Scripture.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Patriarchal Blessing Scripture

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,