Do You Consider Yourself To Be A Zionist? - Page 4 of 4

Name: Selby Country: Comments: Is there a - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Jun, 2010 - 4:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
26th Jun, 2010 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Do You Consider Yourself To Be A Zionist? - Page 4

From SuzieSu

international QUOTE

I wonder how dbackers feel about this topic after the horrible crime Israel committed when they hit that international aid flotilla and killed 9 peaceful activists. I could never consider myself a Zionist.

"Peaceful activists". That is the funniest joke I have heard all day.
Many of the Peaceful activists on the ship were supporters of terrorism and tactics utilized by them. Many advocate for the complete destruction of not only the state of Israel but also death to the Jews.

There is a blockade in the Gaza Strip, and there is a war going on. Israel has the rights to defend her self and blockades are a legitimate tactic to fight a war.

Given that during wartime a ship who ignores a blockade (the blockade being set up to stop arms shipments) can be destroyed, Israel showed much restraint. Also, given the fact that the moment the "peaceful activists" attacked the soldiers (who were maintaining the blockade) they became enemy combatants and fell under the rules of war. Once they decided to use violence they became legitimate targets. I am surprised only 9 Palestinian soldiers died in the fight. (

I find it hard to believe how the world is willing to listen to people who state all the time in their native tongue that they want to destroy a nation, and to kill a people. Hamas has no moral ground to stand on, are a terrorist group, and should be systematically dismantled. This is my Political view on the subject.

Religiously I feel the following as it pertains to our church

I believe that the Israeli nation is a much better friend to the LDS Church, as well as other religions then any of the surrounding nations. I foresee a time when the Church will be much more active in their support of Israel(as more nations fight against it), to the consternation of some of our members.

international QUOTE

"In that day, the Lord will reach out His hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of His people, who will be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the coastlands of the sea. And He will set up an ensign for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth" (Is. 11:11-12)

international QUOTE

Doctrine and Covenants 109 61-67 
  61 But thou knowest that thou hast a great love for the children of Jacob, who have been scattered upon the mountains for a long time, in a cloudy and dark day.
  62 We therefore ask thee to have mercy upon the children of Jacob, that Jerusalem, from this hour, may begin to be redeemed;
  63 And the yoke of bondage may begin to be broken off from the house of David;
  64 And the children of Judah may begin to return to the lands which thou didst give to Abraham, their father.
  65 And cause that the remnants of Jacob, who have been cursed and smitten because of their transgression, be converted from their wild and savage condition to the fulness of the everlasting gospel;

So I believe they are gathered, they next need to be converted.

international QUOTE

"Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ have been to the Holy Land and have dedicated that country for the return of the Jews; and we believe that in the due time of the Lord they shall be in the favor of God again. And let no Latter-day Saint be guilty of taking any part in any crusade against these people." (President Heber J Grant, General Conference, April 1921)

Ultimately however the Church's official position is that everyone should have their own opinion about this subject and according to Howard W Hunter the church "does not take sides".

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2010 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Zionist Be Yourself You Do

Name: Selby

Comments: Is there a reason we need to be called "Zionist"? isn't just being a good "Mormon" enough?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Do You Consider Yourself To Be A Zionist?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,