Speed Dating

Speed Dating - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 15th Mar, 2007 - 7:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Jun, 2003 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Speed Dating

What happened to the natural order of things where the guy goes up to the girl and says, "Hello, I am ....., nice to meet you" and the conversation starts up. Do we live in an age where pople have to be guided in everything? Commanded in everything?

ARE CHURCHES READY FOR SPEED DATING?
The theory behind "speed dating" is simple, even if the logistics sound complex.
At many such events, young women sit in a circle surrounded by a circle of young
men. For eight minutes participants ask the person in front of them some
personal questions, hopefully adding new details to questionnaires they filled
out beforehand.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...35708%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2003 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Speed Dating
A Friend

Dating Speed

What ever happened to the traditional asking and hoping to not be rejected?  I have been hearing alot about speed dating from friends.  It seems to me, like it would take all the fun out of doing the leg work.  The nerve to ask someone out and all the flirting.  My friend told me that she read somewhere once that a person can sum up the other person within the first 10 or 15 minutes.  Which helps the person decide that they want to see that person again or not.  Is this true?  I would think it would take longer than 8 minutes of speed dating to decide if I was to go out with someone or not.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2003 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Speed Dating
A Friend

Speed Dating Revealed Bible The

We live in a different world with time constraints etc.  And a lot of people are jaded by bad dating experiences.  The speed dating I've read about involves two people talking for a few minutes then when the bell rings they move to the next person.  This lets you chat with four different people in an hour.  It's sort of like a formalized "cocktail" party.  "Hi, where do work, where'd you go to school....yada, yada, yada."

Does it tell you every thing you need to know about a person?  No, but it helps weed out some obvious mis-fits without a lot of hassle.

10th Nov, 2003 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Dating Speed

I am sort of wishy washy with the speed dating thing.  Yet, it does have some interesting benefits.  I find the entire first date thing a pain.  You really don't know the person, how do you really know if you want to go out with them or not?  Why waste your time with people with whom you obviously have no interest.  The speed dating thing might help eliminate some of that.  Of course if you are the kind of person who doesn't do well in sales, your probably won't do well in speed dating.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2003 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Speed Dating
A Friend

Dating Speed

I have a male friend who has tried the traditional way with things and has been without a girlfriend for 5 yrs or so. He recently is doing the speed dating thing, and he seems to enjoy it.  He does well with the "sales" part of things and he feels it is a way to make acquaintances with women who are interested in dating - something you aren't sure about when you take a class in order to expand your horizons.

18th Nov, 2003 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Speed Dating

I would think it would take longer than 8 minutes of speed dating to decide if I was to go out with someone or not.

Oh most definetly for me too! unless he is a Tom Cruise *chuckles* wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Mar, 2007 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

Speed Dating

I know that I'll probably be in the minority with this, but I think that speed dating sounds like a good idea!
I say this, because I think it would cut out a lot of wasted time of meeting up with the wrong person for you, and you can do the speed dating without accepting loads of dates that don't work out, ultimately saving yourself from gaining a reputation.

I think the thought of meeting somebody nicely, and in nice circumstances are great, but many times the reality is that a lot of people don't ever meet 'Mr right', or even know where to find him, at least this way, you are at least meeting people in similar circumstances who are looking for the same thing as yourself.

> TOPIC: Speed Dating

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,