Newspapers Too Big To Fail?

Newspapers Big Fail - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Sep, 2009 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2009 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Newspapers too big to fail?

U.S. Senator from Maryland, Benjamin Cardin, introduced legislation today that would allow newspapers to become nonprofit organizations in an effort to help the faltering industry survive. It's called the Newspaper Revitalization Act -- Glenn thinks it should be called The Steam Engine Revitalization Act because this is very much akin to hanging on to the technologies of the past. Welcome to 1886! Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2009 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fail Big Newspapers

I really hope that they (Congress) do not pass something this foolish. I believe that newspapers while a great source of the news for some have served their time. I believe that the internet allows one to get the news they need quicker and easier. No more wet papers or missing papers.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2009 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Newspapers Too Big To Fail? History & Civil Business Politics

Obama: We Need To Bail Out Newspapers :

Obama Obama yesterday expressed concern at the sorry state of the news industry and said that he will look at a news paper bailout, because otherwise, blogs will take over the world, and that would be a threat to democracy, The Hill reports. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2009 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fail Big Newspapers

How are blogs a threat to democracy? Is he afraid to listen to others who actually have an opinion? I doubt that the news is going to go away. We can still get the news via the internet or TV. We just do not need to buy a paper anymore.

> TOPIC: Newspapers Too Big To Fail?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,