Best Martial Art - Page 6 of 7

QUOTE I have understood that David Carradine - Page 6 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 16th Apr, 2004 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
12th Jun, 2003 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art - Page 6

Karate is like that... the belief is that the one blow you deliver should be the fatal blow to disable your opponent. That is why you will never see a movie about pure Karate hero (its always a mixed style), because pure Karate (some refer to it as Shotokan) does not have all those fancy moves.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2003 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Art Martial Best

If I were to pursue a martial art, I think it would probably be either eskrima/kali or the Israeli Krav Maga. Stickfighting has always looked cool and can be adapted to empty hand or whatever is at hand (ballpoint pen, toothbrush etc). Whereas the Krav Maga appears to be down and dirty get out of danger by 'disabling' the attacker.

28th Sep, 2003 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art Sports & Fashion Music Movies

What made you think about those? They are not common choices at all except for the Israeli type of fighting made popular by JLo's movie (Can't remember the name).

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2003 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Page 6 Art Martial Best

Eskrima or stick fighting has been in a couple of movies:
Rambo (II) and "Kiss of the Dragon". The speed and concentration required for stickfighting is pretty impressive. If I were to try it, I'd probably knock MYSELF unconscious within the first 30 secons  ;D .

Just found this stuff surfin'. 8)

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Art Martial Best

The coolest Martial Art style would have to been Jeet Kune Do.  It is seriously kick butt.  If anyone of you have seen the anime show called Cowboy Bebop you will know what i'm talkin about.  The main character Spike uses this style of martial arts and it just flows so well.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art

Hey, i told you about that style of martial arts Thomas.  I showed you the show with it on it as well, so basically copied everything i was going to say.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Apr, 2004 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art - Page 6

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 12-Jun 03, 8:03 AM)
I'm looking something that allows me to defend myself in a situation of danger.

As I said in another topic, aikido is probably one of the best defensive styles. However, I am also very interested in tai chi chuan. Practiced as a daily exercise, it is apparently excellent in helping you to become more flexible, with much better breathing and endurance. I have understood that David Carradine studied this form and focused on it for his character in "Kung Fu". It was even more apparent in the short-lived resurrection of the series, as the movements are slow and very fluid, but very powerful.

I once skimmed through a book on tai chi, and it indicated that the "chi" or internal energy of a practicioner can be greatly enhanced through practicing this style. Many chinese healing arts, as well as martial arts, are focused on "chi".

From our religious viewpoint, this can lead to some VERY interesting discussions.

biggrin.gif

16th Apr, 2004 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 6

I have understood that David Carradine studied this form and focused on it for his character in "Kung Fu". It was even more apparent in the short-lived resurrection of the series, as the movements are slow and very fluid, but very powerful.

I used to wonder always how come his movements were so slow, I thought it was more because of TV than anything else laugh.gif. I'm slim but not atletic at all, I don't know if I can bend and touch my toes laugh.gif, I'm totally out of shape in the athletic point of view.

From our religious viewpoint, this can lead to some VERY interesting discussions

You always welcome to start a new thread wink.gif

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Best Martial Art

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,