Mormon Confession - Page 2 of 3

Hello Mark. I am doing fine, thanks for your - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Oct, 2009 - 3:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Confessions
5th Oct, 2009 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Confession - Page 2

Liahona let me tell you something (and I'm saying this with love, please don't feel I'm judging you) the Lord will never ask you to do something that goes against the words of the prophet. Remember he cannot lead as astray and if he hasn't told us that the law of plural marriage must be lived again then probably you're getting this revelation from another source. I suggest you to fast and get the real answers you're looking for. I wish you well.

Sponsored Links:
5th Oct, 2009 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Confession Mormon

Thanks for all your responses:

Suzie_Su: Yes, I'm aware of what could happen. I KNOW is from God. I think it should be enough information.

OldSouth: Thanks for your kind words...I know is a difficult topic to discuss in the public board.

Fun_Mom: My husband wants a divorce because he doesn't want to join the church and I cannot longer live this way. My bishop is well aware of the problem, he's a very kind man but I'm afraid that he doesn't believe in my revelation. He doesn't have to really.

ChicaSUD: I don't believe that prophets cannot lead us astray. Anyhow, I understand what you're saying but I don't agree. I KNOW this revelation is from God, I just have a very hard time knowing HOW to go about it.

Reconcile Edited: Liahona on 5th Oct, 2009 - 8:04pm

6th Oct, 2009 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Mormon Confession Studies Doctrine Mormon

Wow Liahona....that is a confession. Hmmm....I live in Utah...there are a lot of polygamists out here; two or three in my neighborhood! I'm going to say this point blank, and I'm saying this because I truly care, but your revelation is a DECEPTION; this test will make you or break you, Liahona. Work this out in your mind; because it is wrong on many levels, you know that. It's like saying you believe in the Church, but not Joseph Smith. You know you cannot be given or taken in pleural marriage on this earth, at this time. Now, read your Patriarchal blessing, study it, the answer may be there. Maybe you will be someone's second, third, fourth wife eventually, but not in this dispensation. You are at great risk, if you do not chose properly. Remember, Mohammed (Islam leader) said he had a revelation from an angle, and he has taken billions down a path away from Jesus Christ. I'm sure that he felt as strongly about his revelation as you do. Keep seeking guidance and answers...and I think you have found some answers here. I will pray for you, you must feel so alone, as this is a very unique and rare trial; I would imagine. Take care Liahona, and if you choose correctly, your Father in Heaven will bless you with joy, peace and happiness; as well as your children and grandchildren.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

6th Oct, 2009 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Confession Mormon

international QUOTE (Drea @ 6-Oct 09, 2:51 AM)
I'm going to say this point blank, and I'm saying this because I truly care, but your revelation is a DECEPTION.

Don't take offense but there is no way you can know this. I suppose people said the same thing about many other people who have received revelation contrary to what is believed to be the truth. I appreciate your concern this isn't something I thought I would ever struggle with but there are some serious decisions I need to take.

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2009 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Confession
A Friend

Confession Mormon

I know how you feel Liahona, and I think it's great that you step up to the revelation you have received. You know what you pray about, and only you can know if the revelation was from God or not. If it was you are very right, you will have to make very serious decisions.

And what some people are saying I believe to be incorrect, for I know personally people who have received similar revelations. But as I said before, this is not a topic to be discussed publicly. I really encourage you Liahona to upgrade. I just did and I'm glad I did smile.gif There are great topics in the mature section that will provide you with help, and I would love to discuss this with you.

20th Oct, 2009 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Confession

Thanks for your kindness OldSouth. I'm not sure when I will upgrade but I appreciate the support. The divorce process have started so I have a while to decide what I really need to do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Oct, 2009 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Mormon Confession - Page 2

Liahona, how are you doing? Could you give us an update? You seem to have a lot of people here who care about you. I"m new here and I don't know you, but I have love and concern for you too.
Re: revelation. I have received a lot of revelation in my life. I can't say I"m an expert, but I am pretty familiar with the process, as far as my own experiences are concerned. Most of the time it is spirit speaking to spirit or words that come into my mind. Other times it is just that warm comfortable feeling in my heart, and body confirming that what is being said is true, as in when I here someone's testimony.. I have also had the huge miraculous kind, similar to JS's first vision. This kind is unmistakable and undeniable. My anti-Mormon family has often accused me of being deceived. And, I agree with them that the adversary has great powers of deception, and can even appear as an angel of light. But, what he can't do is, answer a prayer that I prayed, addressing my Father in Heaven, and offering it in the sacred name of our Savior. Aside from the good clean pure feelings I get, I am very confident of the source of my revelations, because I know that I have formulated my Prayers properly. So my answer to my family is, how can the devil answer a prayer I prayed in the name of our Savior. Could you please give us details as to the type of revelation you received, and how you received it?
I am truly hoping for the best for you, and you are in my prayers,
Mark1616

23rd Oct, 2009 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Mormon Confession Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Hello Mark. I am doing fine, thanks for your concern. You're very kind. Life isn't always easy specially when you're taking decisions that will change the course of your life for good but let me tell you that I feel at peace and I know this is the right thing to do. I'm sorry I am not able to share the details of my revelation since I am not allowed to do so.

However, I spoke to my Bishop yesterday evening and he is concerned over my membership in the Church. He is a good man and I understand him but I cannot allow anything or anyone to interfere to what it was revealed to me.

I can say that I am waiting for a person that will take me as their second wife. I do not know who this person is but it was revealed to me that this person has received also the same revelation and will approach me as soon as they feel confident to do so.

At the mean time, I am studying my scriptures and keeping in tune with the Spirit and for further instruction.

Thanks for your love and concern.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon Confession

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,