The Best Footballer in the World! - Page 5 of 8

QUOTE I would have to say that Thierry Henry - Page 5 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 7th Feb, 2005 - 6:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Who really is the best?
14th May, 2004 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

The Best Footballer in the World! - Page 5

Unfortunately I was too young to see Pele play, so I would have to agree with LDS_forever and vote for Maradonna. His skill was unmatched at the time and for such a player of small stature, he was an awesome competitor. Obviously Pele must get his due, but I think the question should be " Who was the best player of his era?" That way Pele and Diego would both get votes. As for today, unfortunately there is no dominant player as these 2, but Ronaldo is probably the biggest impact player to any team he is on. I do enjoy Italian soccer myself and would slide in a vote for Roberto Baggio, when he wasnt hurt. Zidane was a flash in the pan. Michael Owens is a good solid player right now as well.
As for clubs, I again have to go with the Italian league and pick Juventus. I grew up watching them (hence the Baggio reference) and enjoyed the fierce rivalries they had with the 2 Milan teams. I live in the US now and have to admit that MLS is not true football, it is football on steroids. These guys are just way to physical, and dont concentrate on the finesse factor which makes football (sorry, soccer for the US folks) such a great game to watch.

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

World the Footballer The

I agree with your choice of players Alex, except for Baggio. I really don't see the big deal about him, to be quiet honest, I cannot stand him because the guy is a liar. In the world cup of Italy 90' he said that an Argentinian player hitted him on his face when the camera perfectly shows the guy did not even touch him....that was low. Anyhow, I saw him playing, just a normal player to me.

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2004 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

The Best Footballer in the World!
A Friend

The Best Footballer in the World! Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth. I noticed a lot of posts referring to Maradona's goal in the world cup against England as the best ever. While I acknowledge it was an AMAZING goal, I think the best goal of all time would have to be Ryan Giggs for Manchested United vs Arsenal in the 1999 FA Cup. Apart from tearing apart the fabled "greatest defense in Europe" singlehandedly, the significance of the goal overshadowed that of Maradona's because of the timing and the effect it had on the ensuing game and the entire football dseason for Manchester United (it provided the platform for them to win the elusive "Treble", something never accomplished up to that point, and something that may never be replicated again).

3rd Jun, 2004 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 World the Footballer The

Max, yes I understand, the only reason I mentioned the goal of Maradona is because he was with the ball alone from the middle field and nobody could stop the little guy!. It was just amazing.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2005 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

World the Footballer The

The "little guy" was in deed good! but one must take into consideration the period in wich he played. I wonder what he would do in he would play for Argentina now?

I think that south americans players always have something extra but now I am more focus on european league.

7th Jan, 2005 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

but one must take into consideration the period in wich he played. I wonder what he would do in he would play for Argentina now?

Maybe he would get all emotional, angry to the point of shout to the new ones and ask 'what the heck is wrong with you all?'. Maradona always said that football players nowdays just play for money but before football players used to play for their 'team shirt', for their countries. Not anymore...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2005 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Footballer the World - Page 5

This is the kind of topic I like...I would have to say that Thierry Henry is the best footballer in the world, you just cant stop him scoring! Arsenal should blitz the Euro champions league with Henry!

Message Edited!
Persephone: Removed offtopic comments. Please see how to post a Constructive message.

7th Feb, 2005 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

The Footballer the World Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 5

I would have to say that Thierry Henry is the best footballer in the world, you just cant stop him scoring!

Are you serious? I do not even know who is the guy! wink.gif What is your choice of the oldies like Maradona and Pele?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Best Footballer in the World!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,