Palestine vs. Israel - Page 22 of 110

I wasn't endorsing it. I was pointing - Page 22 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 4th Aug, 2004 - 10:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
7th Jun, 2004 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 22

Read this article.

Israeli Cabinet Backs Sharon's Modified Disengagement Plan

It seems that Sharon has pushed through a plan to withdraw all Israeli people, forces, and settlements from the Gaza Strip, as well as four of the major settlements in the West Bank.

I had to search for some confirmation of this, as none of the media seems interested. I gathered some more information on my weblog. Click here to see what I have gathered.

My biggest question to all is this - if Israel does this, and gives up these buffer areas to the Arabs, will the Arabs stop attacking the Israelis?

Thanks to Charles at lgf I was led to another interesting article, on a slightly different note. See this Reuters article.
RAFAH, Gaza Strip (Reuters) - Mustafa used to fear little but a periodic Israeli army raid as he dug arms smuggling tunnels into the Gaza Strip for the Palestinian revolt. Now he has to worry about the neighbours too.

Running guns and contraband through tunnels into Rafah refugee camp from nearby Egypt was once both profitable and patriotic in Palestinian eyes. It put rare cash into a poor economy and fuelled "resistance" to Israeli occupation in Gaza.

But communal support for the smugglers has cooled as Israeli forces have razed more and more parts of Rafah said to be hiding tunnels. With 13,000 people now homeless, many of whom say they concealed nothing, residents are turning on the tunnel men.

"Many people now oppose our work. I know of cases where people have noticed others digging a tunnel and they have assaulted them," said Mustafa, a veteran Rafah tunnel builder who declined to give his family name.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2004 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

While reading through an Italian blog, I was reminded of something I have frequently thought about, concerning the Palestinian/Israeli conflicts.

Since Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt refuse to allow any commerce with the Palestinians, who will they trade with, when they get their own "country"?

https://serenade.splinder.it/ (scroll down to the 08/06/04 entry on Hope Those Explosives Taste Good

Palestinians are caught in a special kind of double-bind that is purely of their own making. As a society, they have devoted every effort for more than 50 years to destruction of Israel, its economy, its infrastructure and most especially its people. However, because there was no energy being put into creating a viable Palestinian economy, what economic activity there is relies entirely on Israel's economy, infrastructure, and - yes - people.

The Second Intifada has already produced untold economic suffering for the Palestinians, as the first timid flowerings of detènte were snuffed, first by public reaction to the attacks and then by the inevitable security crackdown.

The much-maligned fence does hold some promise here, but while one area is being secured, another has to be abandoned:

Some 100 small Israeli factories Gaza Strip Erez crossing terminal will be shut down and relocated in S. Israel towns Ashkelon, Sderot and Netivot at government expense. Facility, which employs 4,000 local Palestinians, works intermittently and is sunk in financial straits because of frequent attacks by Palestinian terrorists.

The item above is from the news crawl at Debka. This is not archived, hence no permalink.

Many times over the last few years, Hamas and PLO operatives, along with PA policemen, have killed either Israelis who have been trying to work with Palestinian Arabs, or the Arabs who have been working with Israelis.

Eventually, Israel will withdraw completely from the "occupied territories", build the fence, and leave the Arabs to fend for themselves. Since the Palestinian Arabs have put forth no effort whatsoever to gaining technical education, building infrastructure, or creating any industry whatsoever, they are going to have an extremely hard time getting by.

10th Jun, 2004 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

I think if the Palestinians get land of their own and are legally recognized as a country, others will be willing to trade with them. I think the countries that don't trade with them now, don't trade because of what the Palestinians do. If they had their own land AND left Israel alone, I think many would be quite willing to assist them.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2004 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Page 22 Israel vs Palestine

Israelis vs. Palestinians: Who is right?

In my opinion this is the wrong question, because there is no single valid answer to it. The Palestinians are wrong because terrorist attacks on innocent civilians can never be justified. The Israelis are wrong because of their annexation of Palestinian land and disregard for Palestinian lives and livelihood. There is plenty of blame and bloodshed to go around, along with historic claims and political duplicity. We can argue ad finitum and never agree on who is "right."

The question we need to ask is how can a lasting peace be achieved. Forget about justice for the wrongs of the past -- recriminations and punishment are not the answer. The only just solution is that which allows Israeli and Palestian children to grow up without facing an endless cycle of violence.

Finding solutions to this conflict will not be easy. Palestinian extremists want to destroy the state of Israel, while diehard Zionists demand nothing less than a Greater Israel encompassing all of the Promised Land.

I do not believe it is possible for the Israelis and Palestians to settle this conflict by themselves. Leadership by the United States is essential, but still insufficient without a partnership that includes Arab leaders. Unless the Arab/Islamic world helps to craft the solution, there is no chance for a lasting peace.

It will not be easy, and I don't pretend to know the solution. Of one thing I am certain -- a cessation of all hostile actions cannot be a prerequisite for making progress. This would give any fanatic a veto over the peace process, and there are many who want no peace that involves sharing the land.

Much more than peace between the Israelis and Palestinians is at stake here. This conflict arouses passions far beyond its borders, and how we deal with it may determine whether we have a real clash of civilizations and a perpetual war of terror, or if we can begin to quell the hatred, violence, and fear that has blackened the shared history of humanity.

Will the children of Abraham ever be able to reconcile? Jews, Muslims, and Christians all profess a deep faith in one God, whose message of love and compassion resonates in all human beings. Yes, some hearts have been poisoned and twisted by grief, hatred, and the perversion of piety. Our goal must be to stop spreading poison and to sow the seeds of brotherhood. Until Jerusalem becomes a true city of international peace for all faiths, all of us will have failed in the eyes of God.

(and if there is no God involved in human affairs, we nevertheless will have failed as human beings who profess to love our own children)

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2004 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Israel vs Palestine

QUOTE (MartinEden @ 28-Jul 04, 4:58 PM)
The question we need to ask is how can a lasting peace be achieved?

i know how lasting peace could be resolved in this conflict....we just get rid of palestine completely. they're the problem, they're the people who started this 'war' with Israel. i say just let Israel have a 1 on 1 chance against Palestine and rid us all of this 'country'. cool.gif

4th Aug, 2004 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

I may have posted this earlier. I don't remember, and the topic is too large to find it.

A couple of years ago, someone proposed a sure-fire way to stop the terror. It was a simple formula that goes something like this:

• Palestinian Arab children are completely out of bounds.
  • Every time a Palestinian terror attack kills an Israeli (Jew or Arab) soldier, two Palestinian Arab adults are chosen at random and killed.
  • For every Israeli civilian (Jew or Arab) killed by a Palestinian attack, 4 Palestinian Arab adults are killed.
  • For every Israeli child that is killed by Palestinian attacks, 1000 Palestinian Arab adults are killed.

This would end the terror very fast - one way or another.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Aug, 2004 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 22

Nighthawk, I think that is ridiculous! I don't think it would stop anything either, until you had totally wiped out all Arabs, not just Palestinians.

It is inhumane as well. You can't just to pick some innocent people to die because of the actions of someone else. That makes the people doing such things no better than terrorists themselves. All this would do is further enrage people. Such inflamed suggestions don't really solve anything, in my opinion.

Now, if you want to declare war on those palestinians who live in a certain area, and can prove they are committing the acts with the approval of their leaders, feel free to bomb them into oblivion as an act of war, in my opinion after warning them that any aggression that is supported by their leaders will be considered an act of war and will be met with the utmost force in return. That, I have no problem with, the other just seems like angry rhethoric

4th Aug, 2004 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 22

I wasn't endorsing it. I was pointing out how frustrated people are getting.

The fence that Israel is building is proving to be very effective. Yet the UN has condemned them for doing it. At the same time, several members of the UN have built similar fences for the same reasons.

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,