Palestine vs. Israel - Page 28 of 110

A Force to be Reckoned With: The New Palestinian - Page 28 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 19th May, 2005 - 1:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2005 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 28

Israel is a terrorist state. For over 35 years Israel has subjected the Palestinians to a brutal, harsh, miserable occupation that has almost universally rejected international law. The reason why there has not been a peace settlement in the Middle East is because for 25 years the U.S. has unilaterally blocked it. If you want to see the generous land agreements that are now currently being made check out the London Financial Times from Jan. 4, 2005 which reveals that the Palestinians are to be given almost 0% of the land. Israel must get out of the occupied territories if we truly want peace and political progress.

Sponsored Links:
15th Feb, 2005 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

I must assume from your post that you have read very little, if any, of the total topic here. Your assertions have been thoroughly discussed.

1. Palestinian Arabs WERE given a land. It is called Jordan. They (or their parents or grandparents) were encouraged to stay where they were, and live within the country of Israel. However, leaders in Jordan, Syria, and Egypt as well as other Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia, told them that if they would flee, those countries would wipe out all the Jews in the region, then they could move back in and take over the Jewish lands and wealth. However, when those countries attacked in May of 1948, they were beaten back by the fledgling Israeli military. At that time, Jordan, Egypt and Syria refused to allow those people that thay had encouraged to leave their homes to move into those countries and settle. Instead, those countries set up the refugee camps and assured that the people would live in extreme poverty and misery. In 1967, and again in 1973, those same countries again attacked Israel. In order to assure that they would not be further attacked from their weak points, Israel took the lands along the West Bank, the Golan Heights, and the Gaza Strip, as well as the Sinai penninsula. They later, at the urging of the UN and the US, ceded Sinai back to Egypt.

Still, Jordan, the land set aside specifically for the Arabs in that region, refused to let any of those people live there. As time went on, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Yemen, and all the other Arab/Muslim countries sent suicide bombers, rockets, bombs, and assorted forms of mayhem through the "refugee" camps to kill Jews, Christians, and even Muslims inside the borders of Israel.

Israel has provided trade, education, and religious freedom to the "Palestinian" Arabs. The education has been rejected, the religious freedom spurned, and the trade abused. The "leaders" of the Palestinian Arabs have done far more to assure the poverty and miserable existence of the Arabs than anyone else in the world, including murdering any Arab Muslim or Christian person who traded or tried to coexist with Israelis.

BTW, somewhere between 400,000 and 800,000 Arabs were displaced in 1948. Between 800,000 and 1,200,000 Jews were displaced, with all their property and wealth confiscated, from surrounding Arab/Muslim countries between 1945 and about 1960. Many thousands more were murdered.

At the time, there was a severe problem in the region of manpower, both skilled and unskilled, being needed. However, the Muslim countries continued to expel, torture, and murder the skilled Jews, and refused to allow any "Palestinian" Arab, either of those who stayed in Israel or those who voluntarily displaced themselves, to immigrate into their countries.

2. The plan that Sharon has proposed includes over 90% of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. This land would be given to the Arabs. When Arafat started the latest Intifada, Barak had offered Arafat over 90% of his demands. Arafat walked away from the bargaining table, and the next day started the cycle of violence that has resulted in tens of thousands of deaths and severe injuries.

One thing that the Israelis CANNOT give up, is to allow the West Bank and Gaza Strip to be fully united. All of the Arab/Muslim countries have sworn to destroy (not defeat) Israel, to kill or expel every Jew (or Christian, but that is quieter) from Dar al-Islam, or the land that they claim for Islam. Nothing else is acceptable. That is why the Palestinian children only see maps of the Middle East with no hint of the land of Israel on them. Israel is no threat to any of the Muslim countries, as it only asks to be left alone. The Muslim countries, on the other hand, continually threaten Isreal in every way, with total destruction. They do so openly and vocally.

3. There is only one country in all the Middle East where any Arab can get ANY job, get any education, start a business, vote with total confidence, experience religious freedom, travel as he wishes, and even speak his mind. That land is Israel. This included the Palestinian Arabs, with some restrictions, until they started the extreme violence again in the 2nd Intifada.

4. If you look at any map, you will see that in Dar al-Islam, which stretches from the western coast of northern Africa all the way across Africa and Asia, Israel consists of 1% of the land. Within the Arab world of the Middle East, the Arabs own 90% of the land, Israel owns 10%. Yet Israel out produces ALL of the Arab world in every way, from agriculture to business to invention and innovation. The only thing that the Arab world has more of than Israel is oil. And they have to have other countries drill, pump, refine, and distribute it for them. Israel provides an amazing array of new inventions, innovations, businesses, and general welfare, even for the Arab countries.

If the Palestinian Arabs had stopped the violence at the time of Barak, and accepted the opportunity they were offered, they would have been able to partake of that bounty.

As far as your assertion that Israel is a terrorist country, Israel does NOT purposely target innocent women and children. Yes, sometimes women and children get killed. But in the vast, vast majority of cases, Israeli soldiers put themselves into danger to protect the lives of the innocent, even in "Palestine". However Palestinian Arabs purposely target women and children, with a cold heartedness that would make the Nazi death machine proud. There are many documented cases of babies being targeted by snipers, bombers, and assassins. One of the very recent cases being two gunmen who casually walked up to a car with a pregnant woman and her five daughters in it, and shooting each of them in the head. The youngest was under 2 years old.

Since I don't expect that you will read through the entire thread, I will say that while I am a "friend of Israel", I don't agree with all of their policies, nor their actions. At the same time, I have taken the time to become informed about what is happening there, the history of the conflict, and the political forces at work. My own religion has suffered somewhat at the hands of the Israeli government. But it is nothing compared to what the Arabs have done to other Christian groups in Israel, Egypt, and Lebanon.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2005 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

HISTORIC CHANGES FOR ISRAELI BORDERS

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Cabinet began charting Israel's future borders in a historic session Sunday, giving final approval to a withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and a revised route for the West Bank separation barrier that would move Israel's border closer to that of its original frontier.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...13657%2C00.html

7th Mar, 2005 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Page 28 Israel vs Palestine

Well, browsing around some good sites today, I found a great little article about Israel, and how the Arabs treat this country.

Click here to read the article.

Israeli Arab explodes Mideast 'lies'
Lebanese woman says she discovered freedom in Jewish state

A Lebanese-born woman who later lived in Israel told a Columbia University forum today the Muslim Arab world's hatred of the Jewish state is blinding it to reason.

"My eyes were opened when I spent 22 days in a hospital in northern Israel in the early 1980s," she recalled. "I watched unbelievably as Israeli doctors treated my mother wounded by an artillery shell before he treated the wounded Israeli soldier lying next to her. They treated Lebanese Muslims and Palestinian militia fighters on a par with wounded IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) soldiers. I was shocked that this enemy, hated by the Arabs, treated us all with utmost courtesy, compassion, and respect. It was a transforming experience countering the lies and all the propaganda that I had been indoctrinated in as a child. Ultimately, I made a commitment to leave my home country and move to Israel to be with these people whose values I respected."

"As a Middle Easterner brought up on this patent 'Israel is a racist state' propaganda, I discovered it is total hate-inspired nonsense," she said." I've seen with my own eyes what kind of society Israel is. I consider Israel to be one of the most multi-racial and multi-cultural countries in the world. There are no racial restrictions on becoming a citizen of Israel like there are in many Arab countries. Remember, Jews can't live in the neighboring Arab Kingdom of Jordan or in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

She explained that more than 100 different countries of the world are represented in the population of Israel.

"Consider how the Israeli government spent tens of millions of dollars airlifting more than 40,000 black Ethiopian Jews to Israel in 1984 and 1991," she said. "Since 2001 Israel has reached out to help others taking in non-Jewish refugees from Lebanon, the Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Vietnam, Liberia, Congo and even Bosnian Muslims. How many such refugees have the 22 states in the Arab league taken in? The Arab world won't even give Palestinian refugees citizenship in their host countries."

I strongly advise that you read the whole article.

9th Mar, 2005 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

Well, here I am again, with another installment of information to show that the situation in Israel is not quite what the worldwide media makes it out to be.

https://archive.mail-list.com/naomiragen/msg00810.html
Encounter at Hadassah

This article is about two men who met in a hospital. Michael Levine is freelance reporter who lives in Israel. The other man is from Gaza City, a Palestinian Arab, who was in the hospital with his brother. For a couple of days, the two men, both professionals, both well educated, talked about the situation in Israel and the Gaza strip.

He and I had several interesting, in depth discussions about relations between Jews and Arabs.

We basically agreed that:

a.. Biblically and genetically we are cousins.

b.. There is no reason most of us can't get along.

c.. There is enough of everything-land, food, water-for both peoples.

d.. The Arab attitudes toward Jews must change.

e.. The leadership of both sides have made many mistakes.

f.. We were glad Arafat was gone.

g.. We can all live in peace if the haters and killers are eliminated.

h.. Cooperation will bring great benefits to both sides.

I.. We are both tired of this war that has dragged on for 100 years.

He told me that most of the educated people in Gaza were more than ready to live in peace with us, but that they were afraid to speak out,  fearing a 'collaborators' execution.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2005 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

Anti-disengagement protestors block major Tel Aviv highway
By Roni Singer, Haaretz Correspondent, Haaretz Service and the Associated Press

Settlers protesting the disengagement plan brought rush-hour traffic to a standstill in south Tel Aviv on Monday evening, when they blocked the Ayalon Highway at the Kibbutz Galuyot junction and placed burning tires across the road.

Do Settlers Really Want A Pull-Out?
Ref. https://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/552004.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Mar, 2005 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 28

It is quite obvious that the settlers do NOT want to pull out. Sharon and the government have presented the plan for the pullout without offering it up for referendum. The settlers feel betrayed. They put themselves at physical and economic risk to settle in the areas Israel won from Jordan and Egypt. Now, without any sort of mandate from the people, Sharon is telling these Israelis that they must pull out, or be on their own.

Post Date: 19th May, 2005 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 28

A Force to be Reckoned With: The New Palestinian Uprising

The State of Israel, as Edward Said and others have long argued, existed in Zionist awareness and was deliberately transformed to become an essentially Western priority before the actual physical construction of the state on the yet to be destroyed hundreds of Palestinian towns and villages.
Ref. https://www.counterpunch.com/baroud05172005.html

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,