Palestine vs. Israel - Page 29 of 110

You know after I read that post you deleted - Page 29 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 28th Jun, 2005 - 10:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
Post Date: 29th May, 2005 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 29

Sharon cabinet agrees to free Palestinian prisoners

JERUSALEM, May 29 (Reuters) - Israel's cabinet on Sunday approved the release of 400 Palestinian prisoners in what Prime Minister Ariel Sharon called a bid to bolster moderate Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas ahead of a Gaza pullout.

Israel freed 500 prisoners on Feb. 21 after Abbas and Sharon announced a ceasefire at a summit in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt. Sharon later suspended the promised release of 400 more, citing Palestinian inaction in disarming militants.
Ref. https://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L29652928.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2005 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel vs Palestine

Jerusalem's future banging on residents' doors

By Matthew Gutman, Special for USA TODAY
JERUSALEM - Earlier this month, Israelis celebrated Jerusalem Day, which marked 38 years since Israel captured the eastern parts of the city. For Ziad Zidani, a Palestinian, this year's observance was especially painful.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-06...expansion_x.htm

21st Jun, 2005 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

Many answers have been added .. and here is my answer to the initial question, in the form of another/other question/s:

Would you like to be thrown out of your villa you have been paid for and lived in (even for few years) by someone who claims his/her Bible says that the land under your house belonged once to his/her ancestors?!

More than that, how would you feel if the New Authorities (which appeared over night from "nowhere" as the new "owner" of your land and house) will kill a few members of your family, demolish your house, and deport the remaining family to some arid territories to make sure the American and internationally monetary help won't be shared within "primitive" communities where individuals like you belong?

Wouldn't you want to be fairly compensated or at least treated with dignity while your house and land were taken from you (no matter under which reasons)?

Note: The word 'you' used in this message does not refer to anyone, specifically, but to any individual with equal human rights on this planet.

Reconcile Edited: mamahuana on 21st Jun, 2005 - 2:36pm

21st Jun, 2005 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 29 Israel vs Palestine

Have you read the previous posts in this topic? All your questions have been answered.

1. The land was not "taken" from the Palestinians. When the Jews started moving there in the late 1800s, it was worthless, and the Jews purchased every piece they could get. The Arab landlords thought it a great scam to sell that land to the Jews. The people who were "displaced" at that time were basically serfs or peasants, who the Arabs considered at about the same level as lice. They did not have any claim to the land.

Those Lebanese, Syrians, Egyptians and Jordanians who were displace at the creation of the state of Israel, from 1947 through the 1967 war, almost all left of their own free will. The Arab nations promised them that they, the Arab armies, would wipe out every last Jew, drive them into the sea. But the only way they could do so was for the local Arabs to leave their homes and be out of the way of the massive juggernaut headed that way. The Jews urged the local Arabs to stay put. Most of those local Arabs ran away, into what is now Lebanon and Jordan. After the war was finished (the Arabs lost miserably), Israel was willing to allow most of those local Arabs to return. Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt refused to allow those people back into Israel. Instead, the Arab nations created the massive, horrible refugee camps, for which they then blamed Israel.

2. See above.

3. See above. Most estimates are that between 400,000 and 600,000 Arabs were displaced during the war of independence. Those are independent estimates, by the way, not Israeli. Most estimates are that between 800,000 and 1,500,000 Jews were displaced during the same time by all the Arab countries. The difference is that the Jews were driven out of their homes by the authorities, their homes, clothes, wealth, many times their children, were confiscated by those authorities. Most of the Arabs who were displaced from Israel did so of their own choice, and were able to take whatever they wanted and were capable of taking. So, the Jews were driven out, despite the fact that most of them were relatively wealthy, extremely industrious, and almost all contributed heavily to the communities and countries where they lived. Almost all of those displaced arrived in Israel after very trying journeys. Those journeys often included extensive abuse, rape, frequent robberies, and often murders.

Israel welcomed them in, helped them to get set up, and prospered.

The Arab countries throughout the 1940s and 1950s suffered from a very severe shortage of labor. They advertised around the world for people to come to such exotic places as Beirut, Cairo, and Damascus to work. They wanted both skilled and unskilled labor. But they refused all the requests of the displaced Arabs to be allowed to settle down in those countries and work. The Arab countries wanted those refugees in place, to use as future weapons against Israel.

Where, in all the discussion of "right of return", and "reparations" is the discussion about those rights for the Jews and their descendents thrown out of Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, and Libya? Will they be allowed the same things as the displaced Arabs?

BTW, before 1967, any reference to Palestinians always referred to Jews. The displaced Arabs took upon themselves that name in 1967, because they had lost, again, in their bid to destroy the hated Jews. Palestinian provided an adequately useful name to rally the world against the eeeeeevvvvillllll Jews.

22nd Jun, 2005 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

There are many facets to the "real truth," yet, one will embrace 'the truth" one is comfortable with (I.e. the truth that matches one's political interests, the truth that makes one accept more easily the things done in the name of one's religion). Usually these many facets of the truth are presented to us by historians, sociologists, politicians, who, as other human beings, are influenced in their gathering the data and presenting the information by their own political, religious beliefs.

I took the time and read the messages posted to this thread and my previous post represents my personal opinion based on facts I have witnessed, I have accessed, and I have assessed while living in Israel for a long period of time, among Israelis of Jewish religion and Arabs (Druze, Muslims, and Christians). I am talking from the reality I have seen, I have sensed while living there. Besides, as part of my Sociology Science coursework, I have done extensive research on how things happened: reading the already published "historic documents," but mostly gathering my own data while listening to the people from "both sides."

22nd Jun, 2005 - 9:23am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

This whole Israel or Palestine owns the land debate is ridiculous. NOBODY owns the land.

Nations do not own land, they are given the privilege of using it, often forcibly. And in a civilised society we respect people who have been living on that land as their's to use.

History is exactly that, history. The Palestinians are not asking to use any land that Israel currently occupies. The same can not be said for Israel. We can go back in time as much as we like but it is irrelevant to the current situation. There were civilisations who used land in the west bank and gaza strip before the Jews, so this business about it having religious significance is rubbish, for both parties. And no one here can prove that either the Jews or Palestinians were using that land first.

It is not Israel's right to forcibly remove Palestinians from their homes because they think they OWN the land. Just like it is not Palestinians right to blow people up.

Why can't Israel remove its forces from Palestine, and Palestine leave the Israelis alone? Why is that such a difficult compromise. This whole war is pathetic.

Land and religion are by far the two biggest causes of war throughout history. When are humans, supposedly the most intelligent animals on this planet, going to wake up and grow up. Why can't two groups of people live peacefully?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jun, 2005 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 29

Yesterday, I posted up a message that was supposedly done by a Palestinian. I just found out it wasn't. There were other problems with it. I have deleted it. I apologize.

28th Jun, 2005 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 29

You know after I read that post you deleted the first thing I thought was... that sounds as if an Israeli activist wrote it since I cannot see a Palestinian speaking about his own people in such a manner. This of course confirms my suspicion. With regards to the current conflict this is the latest in the news:

IDF soldier jailed for 56 days over refusal of orders during Gaza demolition
By Amos Harel, Nir Hasson and Nadav Shragai, Haaretz Correspondents

An Israel Defense Forces soldier who refused Sunday to participate in the demolition of deserted homes in Gush Katif, was sentenced Tuesday to 56 days in jail for refusing to obey orders during the demolition of empty buildings near a Gaza settlement.

American-born Corporal Avi Bieber was brought up on disciplinary charges before the deputy commander of the IDF Gaza Division, Colonel David Menachem. Bieber had asked to be judged by a military tribunal, but the military advocate general rejected the request Monday.
Ref. https://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/593053.html

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,